skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,160 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 05:49 AM

Nice to see you got it figured out. I'm wondering if your adjusting the governor or the fuel rack? Didn't think the governor would increase the fuel flow, only the they high speed setting.

I have the manual on it and that was a governor ajustment .only other ajustment is the fuel rail stop, so you can set minimum engine rpm.
Thinking about it, really thats the only way you could increase power load is to feed it more fuel :-)

#32 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,486 Thanks
  • 5,014 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 04:27 PM

When I adjusted the governor on my Yanmar to increase the rpms I had to back out the screw on the fuel rail 1 1/2 turns so it wasn't running lean at the higher speeds. A diesel tech told me to back it out just to the point that it would smoke when opening the throttle and then clear up after leveling off. Man could I make that thing smoke with that screw but he said I was just wasting fuel if I left it that way. That's why I was wondering. 

#33 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,410 Thanks
  • 3,160 posts

Posted May 04, 2014 - 06:58 PM

Mine doesn't smoke like in the video now. That was when I was messing with it to make sure it was working correctly and it works but nothing like the governor on my Kohler's do.