#17 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 12:47 AM

I can steer mine with no oil pressure but it takes a huge amount of effort. If I put the loader down and lift the wheels it will turn much easier. 

#18 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• Member No: 1059
  • 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 04:48 AM

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I looked through the manual and it appears that two of the hydrolic lines may be reversed. I know that the hoses have been disconnected at some point because according to the manual, my tractor model number and serial number never came with a 20 HP motor. Plus the motor model number is M20S. S for Simplicity. I'm reluctant to just reverse the two lines for fear of damaging the unit. But Ariens informed me that the diagram in their manual is correct s I guess I'll try it. A new steering unit is over $600.

The "S" designates electric start. Has nothing to do with Simplicity. If you send me a picture or describe the routing of your hydaulic hoses, I will tell you if they are correct. I am quite sure the routing of your hoses should be identical to mine. I have a Gravely 18H which is an Ariens GT18 with Gravely badging.

#19 ariensowner OFFLINE  

ariensowner
  • Member No: 53671
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 09:24 PM

How many hoses on it? 4 or 5 ??

It has 4. 

The "S" designates electric start. Has nothing to do with Simplicity. If you send me a picture or describe the routing of your hydaulic hoses, I will tell you if they are correct. I am quite sure the routing of your hoses should be identical to mine. I have a Gravely 18H which is an Ariens GT18 with Gravely badging.

Thanks for the information about the model number. Here is the routing of the hydrolic lines:

Sitting on the tractor, the the line from the left front port of the steering unit goes to the front port of the steering cylinder. The line from the right front port of the steering unit goes to the hydraulic pump. The line from the left rear port of the steering unit goes to the rear port of the steering cylinder. The line from the right rear port of the steering unit goes to the hydraulic control valve.

#20 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted March 05, 2014 - 05:07 AM

It has 4. 

Thanks for the information about the model number. Here is the routing of the hydrolic lines:
Sitting on the tractor, the the line from the left front port of the steering unit goes to the front port of the steering cylinder. The line from the right front port of the steering unit goes to the hydraulic pump. The line from the left rear port of the steering unit goes to the rear port of the steering cylinder. The line from the right rear port of the steering unit goes to the hydraulic control valve.

Just saw your post. Will check today and report back.
  • ariensowner said thank you

#21 artbuc OFFLINE  

artbuc

• 70 Thanks
  • 152 posts

Posted March 06, 2014 - 10:13 AM

It has 4. 

Yes, that is the same routing I have.