• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2014 - 03:55 PM

My dads collection is mostly JD and IH ag stuff but I will sure look into further and let ya know.

I have attended many plow days and plow events, and 2 years ago even hosted one, last year would have been our 2nd annual but mother nature thought differently. Our first event drew 50 plus people signed in and 35 tractors on the parade lap. Not to bad for the 1st event. I will toss up some pics.
  • Gabriel said thank you

#47 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:00 PM

pics of the first annual northeast Iowa plow day in April 2012

Attached Thumbnails

• 7 (Custom).jpg
  • 11 (Small) (Custom).jpg
  • 15 (Small) (Custom).jpg
  • 16 (Custom).jpg
  • 571 (Custom).JPG
  • 600 (Custom).JPG
  • 614 (Custom).JPG
  • 2546502264738BD39 (Custom) (Custom).png
  • 2546502264738BD39 (Custom).png
  • DSC00999 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01000 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01005 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).JPG

Edited by rdehli, February 23, 2014 - 02:03 PM.

• Gabriel said thank you

#48 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:10 PM

a few more

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01019 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01024 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01029 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01033 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01037 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01040 (Custom).JPG
  • DSC01053 (Custom).JPG
  • IMG_1571 (Custom).JPG
  • IMG_1895 (Custom).JPG
  • IMG_1907 (Custom).JPG
  • IMG_1961 (Custom).JPG

• Gabriel said thank you

#49 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 22, 2014 - 04:12 PM

It was a great day in the dirt Iowa style!!!!!
  • Gabriel said thank you

#50 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:06 PM

My dads collection is mostly JD and IH ag stuff but I will sure look into further and let ya know.

I have attended many plow days and plow events, and 2 years ago even hosted one, last year would have been our 2nd annual but mother nature thought differently. Our first event drew 50 plus people signed in and 35 tractors on the parade lap. Not to bad for the 1st event. I will toss up some pics.

That looks like fun! It's neat to see all those brands plowing together! I don't see any Masseys. Are any of those yours? Thanks for sharing the pictures! Are you going to host a plow day again?

I have a few old farm brochures and a few newer ones. If you want to see anything, let me know. They're mainly MF.

Thanks for checking on your dad's brochures! I will look forward to hearing if you find anything.

#51 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:07 PM

I like old farm brochures too. It's fun to see how farming use to be.

#52 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 09:08 PM

Your part of Iowa looks very pretty!

#53 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,343 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 06:43 AM

Great plow day pics. Looks like a great turnout for it!

• Gabriel said thank you

#54 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 23, 2014 - 02:12 PM

We had 1 or 2 Massy"s show up but can not find any pictures.  Hosting a  plow event is a lot of fun...also a lot of work but it is worth it to see the crowd show up and the smiles on there faces.  I will host another event just do not know when.  We will see what mother nature has in store for us in a few weeks.

I really like looking at old sales brochures of farm machinery too.  Think sometimes I was born a generation to late.  Love old pictures and photos of barns and farm building sites.  Turning into a history buff the older that I get.  

• Gabriel said thank you

#55 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 06:42 PM

We had 1 or 2 Massy"s show up but can not find any pictures.  Hosting a  plow event is a lot of fun...also a lot of work but it is worth it to see the crowd show up and the smiles on there faces.  I will host another event just do not know when.  We will see what mother nature has in store for us in a few weeks.

I really like looking at old sales brochures of farm machinery too.  Think sometimes I was born a generation to late.  Love old pictures and photos of barns and farm building sites.  Turning into a history buff the older that I get.  

I bet it is a lot of fun and work! I hope you do have good weather for another plowing event! Thanks again for the pictures!

Were any of the GTs pictured yours? Does your dad or any one else in your family have any GTs?

I have a Massey Ferguson brochure for the MF 135, 150 & 165, a Massey Harris brochure for a pull type disc, a MF rotary mower brochure, a brochure for a company that made silos and the IH Spring 1967 brochure that I scanned the Cub Cadet page from. Let me know if you want to see anything.

#56 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:13 PM

In the parade lap where we are all plowing together I am the leader with my 1812 cub cadet. Iam the only one in the family with the garden tractor disease . My dad has a JD 445 that someday I will find a
brinly cat 0 plow and a hitch for his tractor, he tells me he will do this when he retires. I really
hope that we can, start going to tractor shows and plow events again soon

Your 1967 IH brochure can I see that ? that's the same year as my 123 hydro.
  • Gabriel said thank you

#57 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:27 PM

In the parade lap where we are all plowing together I am the leader with my 1812 cub cadet. Iam the only one in the family with the garden tractor disease . My dad has a JD 445 that someday I will find a
brinly cat 0 plow and a hitch for his tractor, he tells me he will do this when he retires. I really
hope that we can, start going to tractor shows and plow events again soon

Your 1967 IH brochure can I see that ? that's the same year as my 123 hydro.

Sure! It will take me a little time. Do you garden with any of your GTs?

#58 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:58 PM

Not a big deal.  Dad says he has some Massy Harris brochures but needs to find them too, 

I have a IH  # 2 tiller that goes on my 782 and I try to till 25-40 gardens a year , that tiller does such a nice job and I can till close to 8" deep now that I have converted the tiller over to cat 0 lift.  I used to lift the tiller up 3-4 inches out of the ground and till 5-6 deep , with the sleeve hitch that all the movement you could do was that , so I put cat 0 on the 782 and now can dig 8" deep easily and raise up 10-12 inches off the ground.  the travel is amazing from the old sleeve hitch to cat 0 lift.  .  How about you, do you garden with your tractors aswell.  ?  

• Gabriel said thank you

#59 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 23, 2014 - 08:59 PM

When we start to pull stuff out of the shed and spring gets here I will post lots of pics of the operation, during tillage and spring planting and the start of hay making season. 

• Gabriel said thank you

#60 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 09:59 PM

Not a big deal.  Dad says he has some Massy Harris brochures but needs to find them too, 
I have a IH  # 2 tiller that goes on my 782 and I try to till 25-40 gardens a year , that tiller does such a nice job and I can till close to 8" deep now that I have converted the tiller over to cat 0 lift.  I used to lift the tiller up 3-4 inches out of the ground and till 5-6 deep , with the sleeve hitch that all the movement you could do was that , so I put cat 0 on the 782 and now can dig 8" deep easily and raise up 10-12 inches off the ground.  the travel is amazing from the old sleeve hitch to cat 0 lift.  .  How about you, do you garden with your tractors aswell.  ?

Thanks!!! I would like to see those brochures if possible. Just when ever you get to it will be fine. Wow, being able to till 8" deep with a tiller! We do garden, but I never have used any of my/our LTs or GTs. I never have had any garden type implements for the two GTs I've owned. I think it would be fun in the future to have some for the Massey.

Edited by Gabriel, February 23, 2014 - 09:59 PM.