170 replies to this topic

#166 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 11, 2014 - 09:16 AM

I was so excited to find a plow that was from the same time period as the 165! Did your 155 have Multi-Power?

Oh by the way, did you decide to buy the book on the MF 100 & 1000 series? I know it talked about the MF 155.

Not yet, that will be done soon I think.

Our 155 had a four speed transmission with a Hi/Lo range, no Multipower.  I've got to get into Dad's pictures and see if I can find some of me on the Massey, I was on it every chance I had.  One funny shot occurred while the tractor was still new, my sister and two or three friends were all wearing sun bonnets and climbed up on the tractor and Dad took a picture.

• Gabriel said thank you

#167 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 12, 2014 - 06:44 AM

Gabriel

its nice that you find the time to use the old power, most guys would just leave it in the shed.
  • Gabriel said thank you

#168 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 52459
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:53 AM

Not yet, that will be done soon I think.

Our 155 had a four speed transmission with a Hi/Lo range, no Multipower.  I've got to get into Dad's pictures and see if I can find some of me on the Massey, I was on it every chance I had.  One funny shot occurred while the tractor was still new, my sister and two or three friends were all wearing sun bonnets and climbed up on the tractor and Dad took a picture.

If you do ever find the pictures, please do share them!

#169 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted May 12, 2014 - 09:57 AM

Gabriel

its nice that you find the time to use the old power, most guys would just leave it in the shed.

I think the 165 is probably my most favorite tractor to drive. It's so nimble and maneuverable.

#170 Guest_rdehli_*

Guest_rdehli_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted May 12, 2014 - 07:19 PM

not to mention low center of gravity... close to work and easy to get on...
  • Gabriel said thank you

#171 Gabriel OFFLINE  

Gabriel
  • Contributor
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,858 posts

Posted September 25, 2014 - 10:01 PM

I bet that 8160 Massy of yours is quite a machine too. The cab is whisper quiet I bet, and these newer tractors shift like an automatic. bet its a dream to go to the field with that.

Yes, I'd like to have one like that myself!  

I missed your posts!! It is a very nice machine! The cab is quiet, but not "whisper quite". The Dynashift transmission is very nice, too. I do still feel tired at the end of the day after running it and whatever implement it's pulling. If you were both closer, I would give you a ride!