• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Oldford OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 570 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 03:34 PM

I wasn't staying up to plow every 6 inches or so, I just went to bed.  I didn't expect all that snow anyway, it is unusual here to get that much. In another week or two, you will never guess we had snow here. It goes fast.

For that reason i have a plow, great in summer for dirt work.   Blower is heavy lot of moving parts, for my 68 more of a headache than i want to deal with

6" is worst case without traction, we got 10" overnight bunch of rain on top, old ice underneath, get stuck just stand on the back hitch rock it in gear, pulls itself out, only have 50 lbs on back no wheel weights, have ice chains.   Mine is 12 horse same as yours, plenty of power

Experiment, you'll figure out what you need.  Here's a pic, what i meant earlier about building ramps then just push it over the top so you don't run out of room

• robert_p43 said thank you

#17 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 03:23 PM

When it was warmer, yesterday, I broke through to the driveway.  I turned the tractor around and was pushing it back with more ease than the day before.  It helped to be able to start out with the blade not against a foot and a half deep snow.  One thing that didn't help was not being able to lift the blade up very high.  It sets about 3 inches off the ground when lifted.  I also discovered that it doesn't like to click into the notch to hold it lifted either.  I checked it out and I need to remove the lift arm and straighten everything out, it is all bent up.  A little work and I should be all set for good use.  One good thing, this snow is melting fast.

• MH81 and trowel have said thanks

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,703 Thanks
  • 28,346 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Glad you got the snow pushed. A little more traction and a little less resistance. :thumbs:
Most of the plows on these GT's didnt have a lot of clearance.