4 replies to this topic

#1 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4343
  • 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a haban for a MTD, I have a shaft drive haban that is the correct model, but I would like to see the mounting brackets look like to fabricate them. If anyone has one or the manual for one that fits the MTD , picture would be greatly appreciated . I assume the back mounts up like the rest on the back hitch, but since I want to put this on a show tractor, I kinda want it to be right

#2 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:03 AM

I have a PDF of an MTD accessories catalog that shows a hydraulic and a mechanically driven sickle bar for them and both are center-side mounted.  You can't really see any detail but it doesn't look like it ties into the rear lift at all.  They list '76 and back models and '77 and later models so I assume they mount like the decks with an early scissors type linkage and a later quick attach frame.  I'll check to see if this file is in the MTD downloads section, if not I'll post it up.

Already there: http://gardentractor...accessoriespdf/

Sickle bars are under the center mount section.

Edited by Canawler, February 13, 2014 - 11:16 AM.

• HALFSCALE said thank you

#3 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:02 PM

What I have in MTD catalogs shows the hyd. driven mower and mentions the Haban. And I've owned bolens and cub habans and they all pretty much are the same in the rear and the way they attach to the lift, but the fronts can vary greatly.

#4 VTXrider ONLINE  

VTXrider
  • Member No: 16031
  • 463 Thanks
  • 332 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:47 AM

Remembered Burned300 mounted a Haban to his 990. Shows pics and he might help you get yours mounted.

http://www.mytractor...ht=haban sickle

http://www.mytractor...ht=haban sickle

• HALFSCALE said thank you

#5 HALFSCALE ONLINE  

HALFSCALE

Tractorholic

• 413 Thanks
  • 485 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 10:39 AM

That helps a lot! VTXrider you da man! The front mounts like the cubs do, the back is slightly different in that the hitch bar is longer. Very similar to the large frame bolens.

A few years ago I missed buying one , We were at a show over a weekend and when I checked craigslist I found that one had already sold in my back yard. I know a few MTD dealers that were in business when these tractors were built , but none of them ever sold any  for me to try and track down.

I have a White GT1600 with the electric lift option ,and I want to restore it and put the haban on.

• VTXrider said thank you