#16 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 10:21 PM

If I can get off work at the campground that week I'll be there,will be bringing my Ridemaster,and a trailer full of NOS parts

Now I need to bring cash not just tractors. lol

• superaben said thank you

#17 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 04:38 AM

Maybe Old Buzzard will bring a shiny forklift down.  :thumbs:

Ben W.

That's a possibility :smilewink:

The HDT1000 and/or a G11 might come along for the ride as well.

I'll have to check the GVWR of the trailer to see if it will handle all three.  I know that all three would fit on it. I just don't know if they would be too heavy.

Edited by OldBuzzard, February 13, 2014 - 04:40 AM.

• superaben said thank you

#18 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 08:00 AM

Maybe its time for a bigger trailer, then, Old Buzzard.  :thumbs:  Think of all the bigger loads you could bring home on your road trips.

Ben W.

#19 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 08:45 AM

1st ....  WELCOME  to the forum, Aaron.  I think you will like it here.

This is a great group and they have helped me a lot with both information and parts.

2ed ....  How late can I register for the Portland show ?

With it being in August, maybe we could still make the show if  we got moved in time.

It would be nice to meet you and some of the other members that I haven't met yet.

• gunstuff1000 said thank you

#20 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 09:13 AM

1st ....  WELCOME  to the forum, Aaron.  I think you will like it here.
This is a great group and they have helped me a lot with both information and parts.

2ed ....  How late can I register for the Portland show ?
With it being in August, maybe we could still make the show if  we got moved in time.
It would be nice to meet you and some of the other members that I haven't met yet.

Ray, there really isn't any pre registering that's needed as far as I know. I will have more details after I attend their meeting Would be great if you could make it. Hank Watkins will be there this year he told me he has already booked his hotel

#21 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Is the designated area that you are going to set up going to be for Bolens only or are you going to allow someone to setup that has other tractors along with their Bolens tractors ? 

#22 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm not real impressed with the area that they had the Gravely collectors. It's hid back out of the way and not well traveled. the upside is there is a lot of wide open space. One of the directors talked to me last year about moving the gas engines back over to the original location and making the area we've been setting up at a garden tractor area. I haven't heard anymore about that though. Another good location depending how many you get would be the area towards the back walk in gate. There is usually the guy with the pedal tractors on the hay trailer sitting in there but there is also a lot of wasted space. You would be a little more limited on area but have a lot better traffic.

#23 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm not real impressed with the area that they had the Gravely collectors. It's hid back out of the way and not well traveled. the upside is there is a lot of wide open space. One of the directors talked to me last year about moving the gas engines back over to the original location and making the area we've been setting up at a garden tractor area. I haven't heard anymore about that though. Another good location depending how many you get would be the area towards the back walk in gate. There is usually the guy with the pedal tractors on the hay trailer sitting in there but there is also a lot of wasted space. You would be a little more limited on area but have a lot better traffic.

Ok can you give me a idea of were?  I used paint to make this photo.

I am new to this show last year was my first time there.

Attached File  untit.bmp   1.31MB   18 downloads

Edited by wilberj, February 16, 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#24 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:13 PM

Here's the map uploaded to the site:

Attached Thumbnails

• map.png

• wilberj said thank you

#25 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Ok can you give me a idea of were?  I used paint to make this photo.

I am new to this show last year was my first time there.

Let's use the big oval at the bottom as a reference. Straight to the right of the oval is a road coming in from the south. That area was where the Gravely exhibit was. In front of the Gravely exhibit was the big tractor area, the sawmill and threshing and then the east end sales area.

Now, look straight above the oval and you will see a large white building that has an angling road down the right side and a small drive on the left. and a drive behind it to the north. That is the building that had the trading post in it. If you stand at the back of that building and take a left on the east-west drive, you would end up where Aaron was set up last year down where the road curved.

Now, go back to the trading post and notice how the angling road ends and ties in where the road to the left of the trading post does. That's the back gate. That triangle inside those 2 roads and the east-west road is the area I'm suggesting might make a good spot.

#26 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 05:44 PM

I would estimate the show takes up about 90% of that map.

#27 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 06:03 PM

Let's use the big oval at the bottom as a reference. Straight to the right of the oval is a road coming in from the south. That area was where the Gravely exhibit was. In front of the Gravely exhibit was the big tractor area, the sawmill and threshing and then the east end sales area.

Now, look straight above the oval and you will see a large white building that has an angling road down the right side and a small drive on the left. and a drive behind it to the north. That is the building that had the trading post in it. If you stand at the back of that building and take a left on the east-west drive, you would end up where Aaron was set up last year down where the road curved.

Now, go back to the trading post and notice how the angling road ends and ties in where the road to the left of the trading post does. That's the back gate. That triangle inside those 2 roads and the east-west road is the area I'm suggesting might make a good spot.

Ok I see were your at thanks for the help thats were dad and I came in lots of people in that area it would be a good spot.  The area Aaron was in was not to bad there were trees to hid the sun. 

#28 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 06:51 PM

Ok I see were your at thanks for the help thats were dad and I came in lots of people in that area it would be a good spot.  The area Aaron was in was not to bad there were trees to hid the sun.

the area we usually setup in isn't bad because we get a little shade from the trees but there is a speaker right there that is super loud we decided this past year we would try for a different spot next time I will ask lots of questions Sunday when I meet with the club I will bring up Doug's idea an see what they say He is correct the space is limited there. I'm afraid we would run out of room. I'm up to 16 ridemasters that have committed to being there just had another one today I'm hoping we get some of the slightly newer bolens as well show up that way we can cover from the beginning till end of the true bolens tractors

#29 icecream4070 OFFLINE  

icecream4070
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 47309
  • 61 Thanks
  • 103 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 08:27 PM

I might go If I can make it if I go I'll bring one tractor

#30 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:59 PM

I'm hoping we get some of the slightly newer bolens as well show up that way we can cover from the beginning till end of the true bolens tractors

Out of curiosity, would my Troy-Bilt GTX-18 (Bolens Duratrac) be welcome?  I doubt I could make it as it would be three weekends in a row with out-of-state shows to attend but maybe, just maybe...

My other concern is that everyone says this show is typically big during the week and deserted by Friday which would be a waste of time with my schedule.  Is this really the case?