• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 07:52 PM

I know there was a previous thread on this topic but that was before I was a member on this site an now I'm basically on my own organizing this bolens meet that's taking place in August at the Portland Ind show What I need to know is a idea of who is all coming an roughly how many tractors everyone is bringing
there? I'm meeting with the tri state gas engine club end of this month to discuss details I would like to get a idea of how many would like to setup in our designated area. Please if you are planning to attend either post here or send me a pm? I will have more info after the meeting an will update everyone. Let's try an make this a success this year an hopefully we can keep this going
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj, Nato77 and 1 other said thanks

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,809 Thanks
  • 6,603 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Neat! I have no Bolen's  stuff, but thinking about one.  I have set-up in East Field each year, will get over to see the display then. Will this be in the non-sale display area then?  The other kind with parts and offers has to be out in fields or sale areas otherwise. Maybe people will be both places I'm sure. Hope you have a pop-up and big banner signs for the spot.

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,372 Thanks
  • 5,276 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:15 PM

Aaron let me know if you need any help I'll do what I can.

I'll be getting a idea of how many tractors when the snow melts.   But the big trailer I think I can fit 6 on it plus one in the truck thats just me thinking lol...

• gunstuff1000 said thank you

#4 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:17 PM

Neat! I have no Bolen's  stuff, but thinking about one.  I have set-up in East Field each year, will get over to see the display then. Will this be in the non-sale display area then?  The other kind with parts and offers has to be out in fields or sale areas otherwise. Maybe people will be both places I'm sure. Hope you have a pop-up and big banner signs for the spot.

. We will be setup same place as the gravely mow in was this past year kind of up where the feature tractor is. I have been thinking about having a big banner made may have to just get it done.
  • wilberj said thank you

#5 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:20 PM

Aaron let me know if you need any help I'll do what I can.

I'll be getting a idea of how many tractors when the snow melts.   But the big trailer I think I can fit 6 on it plus one in the truck thats just me thinking lol...

Jerome thanks I will let you know if I do I haven't decided yet how many I'm bringing myself depends what all I can get ready an if I have any new acquisitions between now an then! Lol

#6 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:47 PM

I know the show starts wednesday. Would it be a problem if I couldn't make it down till Friday? I would like to bring a few down, but I cant take that much work off. If there wont be any room that late it the week then count me out. I would love to be there all week, but just cant.

#7 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:51 PM

I know the show starts wednesday. Would it be a problem if I couldn't make it down till Friday? I would like to bring a few down, but I cant take that much work off. If there wont be any room that late it the week then count me out. I would love to be there all week, but just cant.

probably could try an save some space would love for you to bring some down You planning to bring the ridemaster? So far have 13 or so confirmed that will be there

#8 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,665 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:51 PM

Maybe Old Buzzard will bring a shiny forklift down.  :thumbs:

Ben W.

• OldBuzzard said thank you

#9 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,809 Thanks
  • 6,603 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Best get there by Monday or even earlier to stake out your claim!  Not sure how that works. We rent our sales space, but not sure on the show guys. I always see the ropes, guys pretty much in same places each year too. Think most just come early with stakes and rope, ha!  I've never heard of a fight about who was first or anything all these years.  Maybe club members do most of that "claiming"?   You have big tent like Gravely guys?? That is nice, but would take lots of $$ and a team for one of those for sure. We have good luck with those big pipe and vinyl top car covers in our area. Haven't lost it yet. Have lost some of those cheap pop-ups in very little wind tho. Gotta anchor good or take it down when winds come. And it Does rain/storm in Portland you know!

#10 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 08:54 PM

probably could try an save some space would love for you to bring some down You planning to bring the ridemaster? So far have 13 or so confirmed that will be there

I would defiantly bring the ridemaster. I would mount up the reel mower set up. I also have a few bolens walk behinds too.

• gunstuff1000 said thank you

#11 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 09:05 PM

I would defiantly bring the ridemaster. I would mount up the reel mower set up. I also have a few bolens walk behinds too.

. That's great don't see the reel mower setup very often I will make sure to save you some space

#12 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,372 Thanks
  • 5,276 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 09:40 PM

13 ridemasters? Are mine in that total?

#13 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 932 Thanks
  • 559 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 09:49 PM

13 ridemasters? Are mine in that total?

nope There is a good chance there will be at least one high clearance axle ridemaster there maybe even two now with one having the big boom sprayer

#14 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,372 Thanks
  • 5,276 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 10:15 PM

Max Ridemasters I could bring is 5 plus the Bean cutler.

Do know if Bob craig is comeing? Think I got his name right.....

#15 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,451 Thanks
  • 1,808 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 10:18 PM

If I can get off work at the campground that week I'll be there,will be bringing my Ridemaster,and a trailer full of NOS parts