Well. I thought it was time to give an update. The engine is back together, and I've been working on the steering, as it was very loose. It had several problems, that were causing the play.
1. The pivot pin in the front axle was worn, so I ordered a special aftermarket one that was designed to help cure this problem. http://www.ebay.com/...=item43c65d20ec
It worked great, and got rid of 90% of the forward, and back movement in the axle.
2. The small steering gear was really wore out, as can be seen in the pics. The gear is welded on, so I ordered a whole new steering shaft for it, as well as a used steering wheel to replace the aftermarket one that it had.
3. All four tie rod ends have play in them, and the OE ones are $50 each! I chose to order some aftermarket ones for $10 each, that will work great.
I got a new set of decals for it, as well as some new motor mounts, and a TSC muffler, so I can put a proper exhaust stack on it.
I had said in a previous post that I was planning on just giving the frame a rattle can paint job, but I changed my mind, and decided to give it a proper paint job, with hardener, so it will last longer. If all goes well the frame will get painted tomorrow, as its clean now, and only needs a light sanding, and taping off anything I don't want painted. Here are a few pics. Thanks