• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,356 Thanks
  • 39,636 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 11:12 AM

Zagray Farm:  http://www.qvea.org/

Summer show flyer PDF is on this page:  http://www.qvea.org/...ummer_Show.html

So the spelling is off in the title! No wonder I couldn't find anything!

• Chris11 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• Member No: 1601
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 11:21 AM

Opps that was me sorry.

#18 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 03:49 PM

I got all the info from Al Hofa, he owns the 2 tractors that where nose to nose, in that group of pictures, He is making this all happen. His tractor was the on the cover of LAGT magazine. also you can call Jim from dandy sales will be there too. Im bring all my panzers and parts And my pulling tractors.

#19 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 06:50 PM

I got all the info from Al Hofa, he owns the 2 tractors that where nose to nose, in that group of pictures, He is making this all happen. His tractor was the on the cover of LAGT magazine. also you can call Jim from dandy sales will be there too. Im bring all my panzers and parts And my pulling tractors.

FYI, Al Hofer also writes the Oddballs and Misfits column in LAGT every month.

• Chris11 said thank you

#20 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:25 PM

FYI, Al Hofer also writes the Oddballs and Misfits column in LAGT every month.

Al wants to come down to my shop and do an article on my gold David Bradley puller While Im redoing it over. He took some pictures of it down at the last show. I had my wheel horse puller and my red cub cadet there I was riding around. and my old charger 12. now gone. Al is A great guy nice to talk too. I told him ill bring my fresh t70 down and all my panzer stuff.

Edited by Chris11, February 23, 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#21 Chris11 OFFLINE  

Chris11

old Member

• 1,623 Thanks
  • 934 posts

Posted February 23, 2014 - 07:27 PM

Al wants to come down to my shop and do an article on my gold David Bradley puller While Im redoing it over. He took some pictures of it down at the last show. I had my wheel horse puller and my red cub cadet there I was riding around. and my old charger 12. now gone. Al is A great guy nice to talk too. I told him ill bring my fresh t70 down and all my panzer stuff.

#22 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 10:01 AM

FYI - they have a show flyer pdf on the website but there is very little detailed info such as featured tractor brand

I'll keep this show in mind.  It would be a bit far to go but maybe, just maybe.  I've been to the area a few times for work and it's not a bad drive really (well except for the time I stayed on I-95 through the NY metro area :wallbanging: )

If you're thinking of coming out to the Zagray show from the York area, forget about going through NY City unless you're a glutton for punishment. When I go to the shows in your area, I take Rt 84 out of CT, drop down 209 to 80, to 33, then 78 toward Harrisburg, then down to York. No strain, no pain. Coming back this way, take 84 into CT to 691, to 66, to 16 which takes you right to 85 in Colchester. Piece of cake. The toll at the Newburgh, NY bridge coming this way is $2.50. No charge going west. If you need more info, use my email address.

Big AL

#23 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 10:20 AM

I learned my lesson the last time I went thru NY.  It was a bit shorter route but even hitting it outside of rush hour, it still took a good two hours longer than my usual route.  I've been taking I-81 to Wilkes-Barre then I-84 into CT to avoid the whole NYC area completely.  It's 40 something more miles but was much quicker.  Plus it's a much nicer drive.  I was in Norwich last summer and even that route was bad as I-84 was closed due to accidents in three places.  While this area has dramatically more traffic congestion in the last 20 or so years, you couldn't pay me to live anywhere near the NYC area. :wallbanging:

#24 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted March 01, 2014 - 11:39 AM

I got an email from Dandy Sales yesterday who said they couldn't commit to being at the Zagray show in July "yet", which means it's still up in the air. I'll post info about this as soon as I hear anything, one way or the other.

Big AL