• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 12:53 AM

is their an easy way to search the site for questions that I may have that may already been addressed, I don't want to be the guy who keep's asking the repeat questions Thanks 

#2 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 01:36 AM

The easiest way is to type what you are looking for in the search box and just be sure you are searching the "Forum" and not just what  page you are on.

Other than that you could look in the appropriate section, say it is a question pertaining to a Ford 195 GT. You could go to the Ford section and scroll through to see if it may be something that is common and may have been "Pinned".

Sometimes it may be hard to find something because not everyone will word the title of a thread the same.

Just know that you don't have to drive yourself crazy searching, Heck sometimes we may not have the time or be in a place where we can search. So don't worry about being "That guy". And feel free to ask about what ever you need an answer to.

• Alc, hamman, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#3 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 01:50 AM

Thank you very much, just tried it and makes finding info much easier......... It's not easy being computer impaired   :smashing_pc:

• hamman, chris m and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 01:59 AM

I am glad the info helped! Have fun searching now :dancingbanana:

Also I still know a lot of people that won't even give a computer a try. So your doing great in my book! :thumbs: :D

• oldedeeres and T Guiles have said thanks

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 06:52 AM

You could go to the Ford section and scroll through to see if it may be something that is common and may have been "Pinned".

I've seen treads " Pinned"  but really don't know what's it's used for , or how to " Pinn" something

• T Guiles said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 07:08 AM

Another thing to keep in mind; third party searches. Sometimes the search bar an I argue... I KNOW I had a post or thread with "____" in the title or body, but the search engine says nope. I will type the search terms into google, then the words insite:gardentractortalk.com. If you need more hits, try it without the word insite, but sometimes it opens the search up to a lot of unrelated or places you might not want to go... Be sure to read the website above the description and whatnot.
  • chris m, Newpaws493, oldedeeres and 2 others have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 07:27 AM

I've seen treads " Pinned"  but really don't know what's it's used for , or how to " Pinn" something

Mods do the "Pinned", Al. It's for things we want to keep at the top in that forum so it can be found easier.

#8 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 10:49 AM

When running a search and it doesn't return the results you are looking for try modifying the search criteria.  Some times I will just change the wording like "Craftsman GT6000 parts" and I will change it to "Parts for a Craftsman GT6000", then sometimes I will change what I'm asking for completely and you will be surprised how the results will change.  If you are looking for a certain tread if you know the author or the name of a poster add that to your search criteria.  The whole idea is to break down a search to a smaller easier to navigate results page.

#9 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,850 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Thanks guys, this helps me understand things better myself. I too need a manual on "computers and how to navigate them, intended for the comprehension impaired, " lol

• T Guiles said thank you