Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations now being accepted for featured tractor of the month for February 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 10:04 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month. We don't have a theme for this month so anything goes.

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. Your tractor is going to be featured on the front page of GTtalk, this is your chance to shine and let everyone know about your tractor.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 10 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 10th nomination. Once 10 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

#2 york0060 OFFLINE  

york0060

• Contributor
  • Member No: 748
  • 275 Thanks
  • 141 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 10:49 AM

DSCN0716.jpg

I will put my Bush Hog HD-12 in the mix. This tractor was given to my dad about 4 years, it did not run and had sat in a barn for several years before he had it given to him. My dad new i enjoyed tractors and i had just finished restoring my Grandpa's 1950 John Deere B which i bought after he had died, so he asked if i wanted it. of course i said yes. It is a 1967 Bush Hog HD-12 and according to Danial, it is somewhat of a rare Garden Tractor. I still need to have the seat redone in the right colors, and find a set of head lights. It is a hydro drive with a 12 1/2 HP Wisconsin engine.

The tractor runs very well know and it is really fun to drive around. I do use to pull things around and of course to give tractor rides to my 3 grand kids ( one of my grand sons first word was "tractor", I was very proud). The tractor seems to be very well built and is very heavy. The only attachment i have for it is the 42" mower, which i am still woking on. My son and i enjoy taking it to tractor shows where it seems to get a lot of attention, a lot of people tell me they didn't evan know Bush Hog made tractors. I feel very lucky to be able to own and restore this tractor. It sure is fun!

Attached Thumbnails

• Bush hog 1.jpg

Edited by york0060, January 04, 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Thats a great tractor

9 Nominations to go!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 12:04 PM

That's a nice looking tractor york0060.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 05:28 PM

We got two great nominations, up to 8 more to go :D

#6 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 06:44 PM

I nominate the ELECTRIC MASSEY GARDEN TRACTOR.

This is a 1966 MF10 that I got a while ago it came as a mix of parts from several tractors, some parts were sold others used to make my other Massey's better. It sat around for a while and I decided it was a good candidate for an electric conversion. The idea was to make a usable electric garden tractor that would use as many of the original attachments as possible, factor lift is in place. This is a custom tractor so I gave it a custom paint job based on what the AMF1010 looked like.
A lot of the parts I put in this I already had, motor, contractors. Three new deep cycle batteries were bought along with a controller and foot throttle, and a used Clarke battery charger. Battery racks were made, a motor mount and everything put in place and a test drive was done. Biggest problem was that the frame was cracked where the trany mounts causing funny noises, thought it was the belt slipping at the time. After the frame was welded up tractor was painted and chassis put together, one test was done on jack stands, everything worked good. Full assembly done and when finished the 2nd driving test was done Jan 3 2011 and it works good. Nice and quiet, surprising how much noise the trany makes though.

Specs.> 36 volt system with 200amp controller and a 2hp motor that has a peak rating of 10hp

How much power this has, pulling pushing power??? Top speed in 4th is faster that the gas version and it climbs hill in 4th without to much trouble.
How long it will run before the batteries die???
Time will tell for both of these as more testing is done and it is what it is.

Electric Massey 029.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Electric Massey 027.jpg

Edited by DH1, January 04, 2011 - 09:56 PM.
spelling

#7 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 06:54 PM

This is my 1996 Toro WheelHorse 50th anivarsary Tractor, I bought it from a local John deere/Wheel horse Dealer about 4 month before the 08 WHCC Show in P.A I bought it for i belive extremely Fair price ( Less Than 1000$ ) With 689 hours it has 710 now. Since ive owend it ive replaced all of the belts ( OEM Wheel horse Brand ) Changed all of the Fluids spark plug, Wires, The Tractor is very orginal Paint, Tires, I used alot of Rubbing compound and wax to bring out that shine It runs and starts everytime The best part is when it was at the 08 WHCC show in P.A Cecil Pond signed the hood
wheelhorse027-2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• meanthe416004.jpg

#8 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 06:57 PM

I think i did it right this time and thanks for catching That minor Glitch

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thanks for adding them as attachments.

Like George said, Many times stuff on photo bucket gets moved around and most of the time all that is left in the post is Red X's

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 07:58 PM

Yep you got it :D

#11 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted January 04, 2011 - 10:28 PM

And it looks like its going to be Tough to judge If i get to vote i wont vote on my own Its always been hard for me to pick a Favorite anyway i love just about all Tractors!!!

#12 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 08:12 AM

We're a little slow getting away from the hitching post this month.
Would any of you new members like to nominate your tractors? Step up to the plate,don't be shy.

#13 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 07:09 PM

Come on guys somebody nominate something, there must be a tractor out there that you would like to see featured here.

Nominate your tractor and tell it's story.

#14 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 07:42 PM

I will enter next month because of two things, no good pics and I'm voting for DH1 lol.

#15 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'm going to nominate my Gravely.
I had this tractor for about a year and a half now. The best part of the story is the tractor was FREE!. This garden tractor was sitting in the weeds near an old farm house where my Dad worked and they were going to take the Gravely to the scrap yard. He called me up and wanted to know if I wanted it and I said sure!.
I figured that It probably would not run since it had been in the elements for many years. But The next day I gave the Onan a look over and everything was complete and intact. I got the key switch unfroze and the tractor began to turn over. I rigged up a small tank to the fender just to see if she would run. I squirted a little gas in the spark plug hole and she fired right up. I couldn't believe that it actually ran and the transmission worked! :dancingbanana:

Since I'm a Bolens fan I really dont use the Gravely too much but it is strong as a mule and will pull just about anything. Its main use is hauling wood and leaf pickup in the fall :D
The Gravely is a model 430 Professional. I am unsure of the year but I know its somewhere in the early 70's

gravely 6-18-10.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens gravely 6-18-10 007.jpg
  • gravely 006.jpg

Edited by Bolens 1000, January 08, 2011 - 08:25 PM.