jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:16 AM

My my....I'd swear you live here on my farm!  Sounds just like a lot of my days!  Thanks for the notice about Advance & their issues.  Hope you find that receipt!  Glad you made it through & got the pump installed.   :thumbs:

My wife can remember a fight from 2 years ago and find a receipt from 10 years ago.

We fix all of our vehicles, including the newer ones. NAPA, Advance, Auto Zone, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Deere etc. and all the rest I've delt with are only as good as the last computer update or the person pushing the buttons. Have a 68 Cevy pickup that needed a solinoid.
"Sorry sir our system doesn't go back that far." I went out in the lot with the manager opened the hood on a 2010 and pointed to the part, yep sure enough they had it in stock. That was only cause I spent a lot there with my trucking business otherwise you get the "sorry, our system does'nt show that part. Had a Dodge truck that was 3 years old, alignment bolt with # on it in my hand...numbers didn't match the "system" had to special order (more $$) from a regional warehouse using serial number of the vehicle "are you kidding me? these are supposed to be replaced whenever they are removed and they don't stock them for a 3 year old truck?  Forget the guy behind the counter that actually knew something, he retired. Oh' forget the parts book under the counter too, we are ALL computerized now. :wallbanging:

Anyway you must KEEP every receipt and I suggest a log book for each vehicle. Cause the next part that goes bad will just as likely be the one you already replaced !!

Be extra nice to your women folk if they will keep your receipts for you, but you might not want her to know how much you spend on hobby stuff....

Glad your back up and running, today would be even worse to work in around this part of Ohio...

• olcowhand said thank you

#32 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Glad your back up and running, today would be even worse to work in around this part of Ohio...

Well, bad morning with it this morning. took it for a drive last night to make sure everything was good with hoses, etc, got tank of gas. Go out this morning, crank, vrooomm...then DIE!!! did this for 20 mins. Thankfully wife backed Liberty into garage, threw rug over her push bar and pushed Tahoe out to end of drive so we could snake between 'Hoe and 'Bird. Decided to try Tahoe again and she fired right up :wallbanging:   I think I had a little fuel line freeze up, when I pushed to end of drive, it sloshed the gas around and diluted the frozen stuff and let it start. Dumped some seafoam in her before I left home, didn't miss a lick on the way to work. :thumbs:

• olcowhand, HDWildBill and jpackard56 have said thanks

#33 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 03:31 PM

Ya, I refuse to get fuel at any station that I see a tanker dropping fuel or just pulling out of a station. Those thousands of gallons being dumped into a tank really stir up the crud and water.

I am also aware of some places that intentionally have water build up in the bottom of their tank to raise the level of gasoline in the tank. Don't know if its legal, but I know some do it.

Glad your up and running.

• TAHOE said thank you