18 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:26 AM

The Video is pretty Hokey. But no more so than the Spagetti Westerns of years past that Gave people like Terrance Hill (Trinity Series) and Clint Eastwood's careers a jump start.

As for the Mahindra Tractors, I think they are a pretty fair machine. As I recall Case/International built a Factory in India and the Mahindra brothers ran the factory. They built the Case/Internatinal Compacts until the Contract ran out. Then The Mahindra Brothers bought the facility and built under their name. Mahindra in the international market are the worlds best selling tractor. The Mahindra line is starting to make it's mark in the US market.

Some Indian engineering is dated however. You can buy a brand new Royal Enfield motorcycle that has been changed very little since the British turned over the factory to the Indians in 1955. I secretly want one?

There is nothing remarkable about the Royal Enfield other than it has been pretty much the same for over 60 yrs.

Just a big single Thumper plodding along without fail. They have changed to electronic Fuel Injection recently.

bullet_classic_b5_2013.jpg

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 03, 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#17 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:26 AM

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with old technology.

Although efi is great on these small engines! I will never buy another atv without it.

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 03:02 PM

Some Indian engineering is dated however. You can buy a brand new Royal Enfield motorcycle that has been changed very little since the British turned over the factory to the Indians in 1955. I secretly want one?
There is nothing remarkable about the Royal Enfield other than it has been pretty much the same for over 60 yrs.
Just a big single Thumper plodding along without fail. They have changed to electronic Fuel Injection recently.
bullet_classic_b5_2013.jpg

My BIL bought one around 2000. He likes/liked it well enough. Kinda doggy and no land speed records in its future, but it's solid and seemed dependable.

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 04:18 PM

My BIL bought one around 2000. He likes/liked it well enough. Kinda doggy and no land speed records in its future, but it's solid and seemed dependable.

Yeah they only put out about 26hp @ 5100rpm so a modern 250CC is more powerful. But it would be a grin to go retro More like a Tractor vs a Rocket.  I'm thinking it would be blast as a two lane tourer with a cruising speed around 55-65 mph.

• MH81 said thank you