Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Not So Super Bowl

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,701 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:29 PM

I quite watching professional sports years ago when they felt they needed to make millions of $$$ only to strike because they needed more because they might get hurt and not full fill their contracts.  Now the ones who blew their money came back and sewed to get more $$$.  No thanks I have plenty recorded to watch and I can fast forward through the commercials.

• Gtractor, Utah Smitty and boyscout862 have said thanks

#32 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:47 PM

You Guy's aren't MEN!!  More Manly to watch and yell and swear at the refs!   I'm not real into it, wrong teams for us too, BUT, Manning makes the draw for my relatives.  I check in as Wife is watching. Usually have family gathering and snacks and such, but didn't happen this year cause not so good of teams in it. It's on now, I'm in puter room wasting bandwidth with You guys.  Feel sorry for all of Us.......... :beer: :( :watch_over_fence: :shoot3: :bs:

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#33 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:59 PM

I am saving my energy to watch the last four shows of Jay Leno . After that I will just have memories of Johnny Carson doing real entertainment .  He would sometimes let the band play on .

I like Leno a lot, though I hardly ever watch him as he comes on too late for me (up before 4:00 a.m. workdays). Carson was a lot more smooth in his humor, but Leno's ability to point out the absurdities in politics and life gives voice to all of us.

It reminds me of the "motley fool" or old time court jester. The jester actually performed an important function--through his humor and stories, he was one of the few that could tell the king where the bear went in the woods, and not lose his head over it.

Smitty

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#34 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thank you! I am not alone! I just dont care for sports, its outcome changes nothing in my life. I have never understood the fanatasism (what happend to spell checker) of some people. The corp doesnt car about you, the team doesnt care and the players dont really care about you either. Besides, all my heros wore OD green when I was little.

• olcowhand and Alc have said thanks

#35 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 08:02 PM

We may watch Halftime, but then again maybe not. I don't even watch NASCAR like I used to, it's not what it was in the 70's and 80's.

halftime is here time to head out to teh garage, fire up the Coleman stove and try the lemon juice carb boil out trick  Bruno Who?  I know the "red hot chili peppers" suck.... I dont want my ears to bleed so I gotta go away from the TV for a bit

and youre right about NASCRAP... I dont know why they let Toyota in they are not an American car manufacturer (dont start on them being assembled in the States)  that was the nail in the coffin for me losing interest in NASCAR

Edited by dodge trucker, February 02, 2014 - 08:03 PM.

• Cat385B, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#36 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 08:07 PM

I am a college football fan but not pros. The TV  (game) is on in the background, but this would be the ONLY professional sport (football, basketball, baseball) I will gaze at all year. I agree with most of you.....just not a big deal.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#37 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 08:28 PM

The game is pretty boring but on the pulse side my wife made sauerkraut , hot dogs and mash potatoes :dancingbanana:

• MH81, sacsr, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#38 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,439 Thanks
  • 1,896 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 09:43 PM

well the carb a que is on   outside on the coleman stove as we speak. .

EDIT  oh crap I went to check on it and seems I had a "flame out" gonna have to relight... and it was just starting to boil the time before that I went out there...

I have a single burner Coleman "Peak 1" that I got at a garage sale a few years ago, a great lil heater when it wants to stay lit... has been that way since I have had the thing...

Edited by dodge trucker, February 02, 2014 - 09:49 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#39 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,733 Thanks
  • 1,727 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:30 PM

I have never watched the super bowl, I have never liked any team sports or any car racing, motorcycles and ect.

I am more of a extreme sport person, there's nothing betting then the dew tour or X-Games. I started off young in BMX racing (20" bicycles), from there I went to skateboarding (freestyle) and then freestyle bmx (again 20" bicycle).

• Alc said thank you

#40 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:01 AM

I have to agree with ya all, everything is becoming so commercialized  any more.... I went to Michigan International raceway every year since 95 until 11 and would often hit an extra track on the side, for me it was about hanging out with my friends and watching the people that camped at the track....... the things I saw....WOW. I love to watch motocross and attend Unidilla every year now and am amazed at the skill and endurance the riders have, but I find myself getting back to my roots and hitting the local fairs for tractor pulls and local tracks for racing...I'll watch anything with a motor for fun, my gal tell's me I'm getting old 

#41 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,848 Thanks
  • 3,191 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:56 AM

We watched the last half, and to be honest I have no idea why. That was pathetic! Liked one of the Coke commercials though, and the Bud. ones are always good too.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#42 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 06:55 AM

I googled 2014 Super Bowl to see who won and the score (yikes) but as I was typing, google's predictive text had "Is 2014 Super Bowl worst ever?" As one of my choices. That's never good.

BTW, it was the Seahawks 43-8 over the Broncos, FWIW
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#43 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,537 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:07 AM

I was just going to ask who won, but I see Al posted it already. 

#44 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:14 AM

I didn't watch much other than bits and pieces of the second half to see if Manning would be able to bring them back. I didn't care for either team playing this year and hardly ever watch the super bowl in any year. Now if the Chiefs ever make it that would be one I would watch. 

#45 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,719 Thanks
  • 4,279 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 08:13 AM

George, I'm surprised you didn't have a commercial for the site on there. At ONLY 3 mill for 30 seconds it seemed like a real bargain!

• NUTNDUN, HDWildBill and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks