#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 12:55 PM

Fella tells me about a parts place for tractors, go-karts, golf-carts and many things.

Maplegrove Distributing in Galveston, IN  near Muncie, IN.   www.maplegrovedist.com is address given to me. Haven't looked yet. Others think it is for dealers only, and some say don't even have to be an engine dealer, just have tax number. Anyone ever hear of them or try to buy stuff there?  I've never heard of them and am in IN and even gone by Kokomo a lot. Guess they are off of IN 31 on IN 18?

• hamman and Arti have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,324 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:33 PM

Looks like you might be able to set up with them, but the only people they sell at discount to is a "dealer". They define the word, so unless you are going to do quantity or already have an established business, I doubt you'll get dealer pricing.
  • hamman said thank you

#3 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi,
Their requirements to establish an account and get a catalog is a promise to buy at least $200 per year.
At least that is what is was last year!
They mostly handle replacement parts for "newer" stuff and claim to be able to get most anything.
Chuck
  • hamman and Arti have said thanks

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 03:22 PM

I am dealer for Maple Grove Distributing.  They have the same catalog as Rotary, with much better service and prices from what I have compared.  They can get me just about anything I want OEM engine related, although the prices are not as competitive as what I can get from my local distributor. 

If you want something, let me know.

Ben W.

• hamman, EricR and Arti have said thanks

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 06:25 PM

My friend Don, from the PK forums and in Kokomo, says he has bought for 50 yrs and has account and even knows the owner and the parents..Hmmm!  Kinda like....I know a friend of a friend and his dad...Ha!  Wonder why the company never came up before in all my times on the forums on web? 

• superaben said thank you

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 09:55 PM

My friend Don, from the PK forums and in Kokomo, says he has bought for 50 yrs and has account and even knows the owner and the parents..Hmmm!  Kinda like....I know a friend of a friend and his dad...Ha!  Wonder why the company never came up before in all my times on the forums on web? 

Its pretty well kept secret.  They aren't pushing themselves quite as high as Stens and Rotary like to do, but the quality is great and so is the service.  You do need to be a lawnmower dealer or repair business before they will sell to you, though.

Ben W.