• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 03:45 PM

last week, a member of a neighboring tractor club passed away from surgical complications.  Here is an Obituary excerpt and an older photo of him.

January 27, 2014 Jack L. Kline

Jack.jpg

’83 Lakeview grad, tractor enthusiast had several jobs

-----

- — A funeral service will be held Thursday for Jack L. Kline of Stoneboro. He passed away unexpectedly from complications from a prior surgery at 6:18 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, 2014, in the emergency room of Grove City Medical Center, Pine Township. He was 49.

Born Sept. 5, 1964, in Oil City, Mr. Kline is survived by his parents, Bruce and Judy McClung McQuiston, Mercer.

He was a 1983 graduate of Lakeview High School.

In his early years, Jack worked at Flexospan, Sandy Lake, then worked at Walmart in Grove City for 18 years. He later was employed at Ace Hardware, Grove City, and was currently working at Ebbert’s Hardware, Sandy Lake, a job he thoroughly enjoyed.

He was a member of Hendersonville United Methodist Church.

Jack was a tractor enthusiast and especially had a passion for Farmalls, of which he was a collector and had many show pieces. He was a member and had served as vice president of Mercer County Antique Power Association.

He was an accomplished mechanic and electrician and enjoyed working on tractors and hit-and-miss engines.

He enjoyed the outdoors, but Jack especially loved sharing his time with others, whether fishing, hunting or just passing the time. He enjoyed visiting with and loved spending time with family and friends.

Surviving beside his parents are: three sisters, Lesa Reddick and her husband Keith; and Laurel McLallen and her husband George, all Stoneboro; and Kim McHenry, Knox, Clarion County; a brother, Scott McQuiston, Conneaut, Ohio; eight nieces and nephews, Conner Powell, Raquele Reddick, Sabrina Dehner, Chris McLallen, Adam and Chelsea McHenry, and Madison and Noah McQuiston; a great-niece, Riley Dehner; and a great-nephew, Camden Powell.

He was preceded in death by his father, Jack Kline; maternal grandparents, Norvell and Ruth McClung; and paternal grandparents, Jack and Evelyn Kline; and Howard and Lillian McQuiston.

Memorial contributions may be made to Mercer County Antique Power Association, Box 141, Mercer, PA 16137.

KLINE

Jack L., 49, Stoneboro.

Calling hours: 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesday (1-29-14) in SCOTT A. BLACK FUNERAL HOME, 99 Franklin St., Stoneboro.

Service: Funeral service at 11 a.m. Thursday (1-30-14) in the funeral home with the Rev. Earl R. Dykes, associate pastor, Methodists United in Faith, officiating. Jack’s family requests that anyone who would like to share a thought or memory during the service would be welcome to do so.

Interment: With committal service in Oak Hill Cemetery, Sandy Lake Township. As a final request, Jack will be taken to the cemetery aboard a hay wagon pulled by his Farmall M tractor. Others are also welcome to join in the procession on their tractors.

Jack was always ready with a smile and a big Hello.  I will probably spend the rest of my days going to the shows and forgetting he's passed and wondering where he is.

Many of us have met Larry Sipe.  I am proud to call his name among the men I've met and shaken hands with.  Many of the GT event photos we have here are from his lens and steady hand.  Larry took time yesterday to photograph the Funeral Procession and Funeral.  It's entitled "Jack's Last Tractor Ride" 

I'm trying to find a link to the pictures Karen showed me on Facebook.  It's touching.

Not sure if this will work or not, but here is a link to the album: https://www.facebook...73993446&type=1

Link is only for FB users, but this will give you an idea.

Attached Thumbnails

• 6.jpg
  • 2..jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

• hamman, KennyP, Username and 10 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 04:12 PM

Link says the content is temporarily unavailable, Alan.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,268 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 04:17 PM

Link says the content is temporarily unavailable, Alan.

Yeah, the link is for FB users only... I did add a couple pics from the album to get the idea across.

• KennyP and trowel have said thanks

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,408 Thanks
  • 39,662 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 04:27 PM

That's cool and fitting! Thanks!

• MH81 said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 04:36 PM

That's sad news Alan. It looks like a send off that he would have appreciated. 

• MH81 and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#6 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:33 PM

I agree. Sorry for the loss, fine tribute.

• MH81 said thank you

#7 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:48 PM

That is a sad one kind of young,I would say his last ride was pretty nice looks like he had some good friends I'm sure he will be missed

• MH81 said thank you

#8 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sorry for the lost, prayers go out to family and friends. That's a very fitting way to take one last ride and its amazing how everyone showed their support by bringing their tractors out as well.

• MH81 said thank you

#9 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,414 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 05:30 AM

Thanks for posting that Alan.  He has many good friends and will surely be missed. 

• MH81 said thank you