#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 12:19 PM

Not a GT, but I thought somebody might have an answer for me anyway. I have a 2 cycle fywheel off a Stihl trimmer. It has 6 magnets. Three on one side and three on the other. One side is magnetized and one is not. Is this the way its supposed to be? Engine has some spark, 175 psi of compression, and is getting fuel.

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 12:22 PM

If I remember correctly, the 3 that aren't magnetized are just counter weights for the 3 magnets to balance the flywheel.

• Alc, trowel, Cvans and 3 others have said thanks

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 05:15 PM

LTD take your muffler off and see if your exhaust port is clogged partly shut and if you can take your muffler apart,take the spark arrester screen out and clean it with a torch.Get it red hot and the carbon will burn off.

Put it back together and try starting it.If it still won't start you might need to get another $4 spark plug.If the new spark plug isn't firing then you have a problem with the Coil.

I replaced the coil on my Stihl FS55 trimmer last spring.It was around $40 but it runs again and seems to start alot easier than it did when it was new.Beats spending another $200+ for another good trimmer.

• Trav1s and LTD have said thanks

#4 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 06:05 PM

I got it running....somewhat. Tried a different plug. Spark is nice and blue. It doesn't seem to be getting fuel,now. It will run if fuel is sprayed in the intake. Would this have diaphrams in the carb. to pull the fuel up?

#5 Hammer OFFLINE  

Hammer

• Member No: 7332
  • 113 Thanks
  • 116 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 07:19 PM

Pull the fuel line out of the tank and see if the filter is plugged. Also check to see that the fuel line is not "stuck" in a position where it cannot get to the fuel.