Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 05:24 PM

Now that was uncalled for Steve!

So true! It's difficult to be serious with people poking in like that.

BTW - Is it just me or is George being unusually quiet here? You'd think that as willing as we are to lend some advice that he would be making full advantage of it. Can you say ungrateful?:smilewink:

JN

#62 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 02:17 AM

Daniel, Boss448... Don't you think you should tell George about the side-effects of PORC?
He'll need HAM (Huge Amounts of Money)

George, before you pay the guy, make sure he maintained the unit well, stuff like seat cushion pinions & headlight fluid. Also, make sure he used winter air for the tires.

#63 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,604 Thanks
  • 29,833 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:51 AM

Alan, the winter air reminded me.....George, be double sure o check the air pressure in the diesel's cam. If the lobes have deflated, it will NEVER start!

#64 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 08:24 AM

I will also make sure I check the sand level in the hydro unit as well. I was supposed to pick it up at 10 this morning but the guy asked if we could do the deal at 2 pm. We are getting a little bit of snow right now so we will probably get the tractors out to play in it even though we really wouldn't need to.

#65 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 09:00 AM

2pm, Damn,I don't think that'll give me enough time to get there .:laughingteeth:

#66 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 12:59 PM

He'll need HAM (Huge Amounts of Money)

:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

Oh God! Stop it, you're killing me!

JN

#67 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 03:36 PM

Ok, so which one of yas bought the dang thing? I called the guy today at 12:30 to let him know that we were getting ready to head out and he started to kind of stutter and I could just tell something wasn't right. He said someone came yesterday and offered him $600 for it and he took the offer.

#68 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 03:42 PM

Are you kidding me?

That Sucks George.....

I almost feel like :shoot2: the guy

#69 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 03:53 PM

OK, so now you're joking, right? Tell me that there is no way you'd fan on a deal like that.

If you're serious it sounds like the other buyer made the offer yesterday and the seller asked you to delay coming to get it today so he could be sure that the other buyer came, paid for it and took it away. Happens a lot on good deals. I've learned you have to be fast when a good deal appears on CL because they don't last. Sellers will string you along until the item for sale is paid for and gone just to be sure.

I'm sorry you missed on your Ingy. You would have enjoyed it and it would have elevated your image amongst GT enthusiasts. You will have to get really serious about locating and acquiring a Case/Ingy.

On the other hand, if you are jerking us around and the Ingy is sitting in your shop as I write this you're in big trouble my friend. Go to the shop and do not come out until you have a completed Ingy diesel re-power to show us!

JN

#70 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 04:17 PM

Are you kidding me?

That Sucks George.....

I almost feel like :shoot2: the guy

:ditto:

I had the same thing happen to me awhile back.Only difference was i was 100 miles into a 150 mile trip when he called me and sold it out from under my feet.

Sorry to here it happened to you.

#71 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:26 PM

Ok, so which one of yas bought the dang thing?

Geez, now I feel bad. Sorry to hear it.
Now you can look for a diesel engine while waiting for the next one tho...

#72 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:33 PM

Ok, so which one of yas bought the dang thing? I called the guy today at 12:30 to let him know that we were getting ready to head out and he started to kind of stutter and I could just tell something wasn't right. He said someone came yesterday and offered him $600 for it and he took the offer.

Sorry to hear that George.I've had stuff like that happen before as well ,guess other members can say the same thing.Thats why lots say it's not your's untill pics of it sitting in your garage/driveway. Weird things can happen as I sold a car one time the guy gave me a two hundred deposite said he'd be back the following day.He wanted a bill of sale saying that he paid me the $200 deposite and the balance was due upon him picking it up.So thats what I did.Guess what he did come back for it 7 mths later. I couldn't even sell it due to having given him that bill saying the rest was payable when he picked it up.Live and learn.Now when I sell something and I get a deposite I make up a reciept saying if it's not fully paid for and picked up within so many days then the deposite is forfeited and I can resell it.Never had any buyer welch on stuff like that again.Larry

#73 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 05:36 PM

I've been following this thread and sorry to hear you didn't get it, when it comes to deals like this one your best to keep quiet until it's in your garage.

#74 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 07:31 PM

Ok guys, I can't pull your legs anymore. I had to after all the ribbing I got. We got home just before I posted that last post. I must say I do like the tractor. There is a good bit more work that needs to be done then I thought there would be. When we were there looking at the tractor I tried to turn the motor over by hand but it wouldn't budge at first and then I did manage to get it to turn about a 1/4 turn but it was extremely hard to get it to turn. The guy had more pieces torn off of it then the pics lead to believe also.

I don't have high hopes for the Onan. I also can't believe how much crud was built up on the motor and around the frame and in front of the dash. Once we got the tractor home I was looking around and noticed the motor mount bolts weren't even tight so I took the nuts off and we took the motor out and set it up on saw bucks. It is going to take a long time to get the motor cleaned up. I am mainly going to scrape it as clean as I can get it and then put it back in and see if we can't get it running. I know the carb is going to have to come off and get a good cleaning.

I have a little bit to figure out on the wiring but I think I can manage. There are a couple hydraulic lines that need put back on also. I figured out kind of how the mid lift/brake assembly will mount and will get that put back on tomorrow. The guy said it sat at his ex inlaws for a long time before he bought it and then it sat for a while since he bought it. Overall I think I got a decent deal. It does have the 3pt assembly, an a-frame/brinly adapter for the 3pt which is nice because I needed one and was going to build one. The mower deck is in really good shape overall. I also got a 3 ring binder will all of the manuals for it. I gave him $400 for it.

I know you guys like pics so here they are:
DSC_0185.jpg
DSC_0188.jpg
DSC_0191.jpg
DSC_0194.jpg
DSC_0197.jpg
DSC_0199.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0195.jpg
  • DSC_0190.jpg
  • DSC_0189.jpg
  • DSC_0192.jpg
  • DSC_0184.jpg
  • DSC_0196.jpg
  • DSC_0187.jpg
  • DSC_0198.jpg
  • DSC_0186.jpg
  • DSC_0193.jpg
  • DSC_0183.jpg

#75 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted January 08, 2011 - 07:34 PM

Good stuff George glad to hear you got, good price too.