#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 10:26 AM

comming to northern Michigan. Got Ed out yesterday and cleaned the drivway and walk ways front and back in anticipation of another 4 +" of snow in the next couple of days. I have to admit that the weather readers have been close this year. This morning at 6:30am I was watching the weather channel and they had sai that we are supposed to get about 4" of snow out of this next storm. I was glad that I had cleaned the driveway and walks. Just now after having been outside for awhile and wanting to warm up we turned the TV on to the weather channel and now they are saying 7" - 10" now! Down state they are now pridicting 10 "- 12 " or so. This is just from this storm in the next couple of days. We normally have about 80 - 90" of snow in a typical winter. This winter I believe thw NWS has said we have had about 120" so far. 30 miles to the west they have had 180+" so far when their normal is about 120" for a winter. We have had more severe cold this year than we have had in 10 yrs.. NWS is now saying there is another storm on the way for next wednesday with the potential of more significant snow.

Now, significant snow for us is anything over 6 "- 8" at a time. Our county road crew does a great job of clearing snow and keeping our roads open. I was telling the wife yesterday that if it wants to snow I really don't care just as long as the really cold weather stays away. Trying to blow and move snow in single digit weather is pretty hard.

Have a good day.   Stay safe and warm.      Thanks. Roger.

• Gtractor, Alc, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 10:45 AM

I noticed on Gold Rust that Freds son did a clever adaptation. He put shrink wrap around his ROPS to give him some shelter from the wind and rain. Make a frame of metal conduit and shrink wrap all but an opening to enter. Make snowblowing a little more bearable. Good Luck, Rick

• hamman said thank you

#3 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 12:09 PM

I was telling the wife yesterday that if it wants to snow I really don't care just as long as the really cold weather stays away.

That's the same way I'm looking at it too. All this cold is getting very old.

• hamman said thank you

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Boyscout, I have been looking into that.  Thanks. Roger.

• boyscout862 said thank you