Posted October 10, 2011 - 04:22 PM

Looks like enough fun to find some real trouble with. :shoot3:

You must have a few bucks in it, by now :smilewink:

#47 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 07:40 PM

Well, we have made progress. It runs, and drives around the yard, and at greater than a snail's pace. The chain drive on the pump really helps, now it just needs a keeper to maintain tension on the chain. That was last week, and it has done some pulling, and really needs the weight of the blade on the front. So, last week i ordered steel, and it arrived today. :thumbs: So i got that tacked together, and ready to make some mounts. And heres the requireed pics:

Attached Thumbnails

• photo_210.jpg

• mikebramel and MH81 have said thanks

#48 brokenfeather OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6294
  • 24 Thanks
  • 164 posts

Posted November 14, 2011 - 08:49 PM

I think I'm having about as much fun as I can handle watching this and a bunch of other projects here getting new life breathed back into them. It just amazes me to see what some of the members here have found to work on or should I say play with. My hats off to you and all the others here who can see the potential in a project and have the where with it all to go on the attack. Go get em folks. :smile1:

#49 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted November 19, 2011 - 08:18 PM

Thanks, and it can cause some trouble, like when it doesnt want to turn... But its fun. And theres progress, the push tubes are welded on, and the blade welded on. It still needs the lift cylinder mounted, and the bracing added to the blade. It took a field trip to my grandfather's to move an aerostar out of the way, since it was back in the woods, and my bronco there has a BAD transmission line leak. Anyway, Gordie was very impressed with it, and was real happy to see his contributions in action. The van had 2 a flat, and that wheel would not turn so it fought motion. Pulling forward i was spinning my tracks, pushing with the blade was the same plus bending the welds on the lower section of the blade (hence the new-found need of the braces). But the tracks have directional grousers, so i chained the front of the dozer to the front of the van and backed it up in low range since high requires more pressure than i have HP to run the pump right now. But it moved the van beautifully, and the whole operation from unloading the dozer to tieing it back down on the trailer to leave took about 45 min, plus 1/2 hr waiting for my dad to come back with the trailer from Home Depot.

#50 Goltz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8860
  • 2 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted March 04, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Greetings from Russia!

#51 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253