2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 29, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Im looking at some very nicely restored walk behind tractors for sale. Im interested in the david Bradley super 3 deluxe (the brown one) . It has the reverse and speed changer. Its been completely restored. Tires are brand new (not my favorite tread). Runs great. Original motor. No attachments. What is a reasonable price? I know the speed changer and reverse are pricey options. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• unnamed.jpg

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 29, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Im looking at some very nicely restored walk behind tractors for sale. Im interested in the david Bradley super 3 deluxe (the brown one) . It has the reverse and speed changer. Its been completely restored. Tires are brand new (not my favorite tread). Runs great. Original motor. No attachments. What is a reasonable price? I know the speed changer and reverse are pricey options. Any thoughts?

Bronze, not brown, very dark bronze, the original bronze was a little lighter. Super 3's are one of the highest $$$$ out of the walk behinds next to the early super 3's and the 51's. You are right about the speed changer and reverse.

When DB sent tractors from the factory strapped to a pallet the 15 inch rims were strapped along with it, you bought and mounted the tires so just about any tire correct for 1956 will go fine, most people don't fight about it, recaps were very common, mines has recaps right now.

Engine is Continental AU85, would need David Bradley tag, the tag was only for DB for those tractors.

Without the engine it is not worth much, the speed changer would bring the most out of the whole tractor.

How much is the seller asking ?

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#3 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 29, 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm not sure about south of the boarder, but up here items like this suffer from the bundling effect:  adding an expensive item to a pile of other expensive items increases the price by less than the price of the new item.  

You aren't buying a restored tractor, a speed changer and a reverse mechanism (you aren't going to separate them); you are buy a restored tractor that has those features.  That makes it a DB in great condition with some nice features, but minus the important stuff (implements).

• trowel said thank you