Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Standard Walsh Info Needed

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic


Bob IN
  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,477 Thanks
  • 676 posts
  • Location: Albion IN

Posted January 29, 2014 - 08:17 AM

Could I get a good picture of the carburetor and intake of a standard monarch. Im looking at a tractor and its missing the carb. What would be the model carb I need to look for? What kind of governor or throttle linkage is there?

#2 trowel OFFLINE  



  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,844 Thanks
  • 4,535 posts
  • Location: ma.

Posted January 29, 2014 - 08:40 AM

Here is a link to Standard tractors : http://gardentractor...standard +walsh

Do not know if this helps ?

#3 DougT ONLINE  


    Dog Approved

  • Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 7,123 Thanks
  • 5,084 posts
  • Location: north central Ohio

Posted January 29, 2014 - 11:04 AM

Bob, the Monarch used a Zenith. The link that Trowel gave has a lot of good info. There is also this thread that has some pics of earlier standard carbs. http://gardentractor...d-paint-scheme/   Does the one you're looking at have the manifold? They didn't use a governor. The throttle was controlled from a twist grip on the handle. This is a picture of the Walsh handle. The monarch would be similar.



  • trowel said thank you