Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Ever Seen These Bolens Attachments?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 02:24 PM

Found one picture partially shows the Bolens trailer, it's on it's end to the left, sorry.

Attached Thumbnails

• bearcat1.jpg

#32 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 03:01 PM

Found one picture partially shows the Bolens trailer, it's on it's end to the left, sorry.

I think that's just the regular M456-01 cart with seat. The one were looking for is older.......

#33 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 02:51 PM

I'm in the process of painting a small dump bed trailer like the one in the middle picture except mine has a metal tractor seat on it. Here's some pictures of the original decal.

Attached Thumbnails

• bolen8.jpg
  • bolen11.jpg
  • bolen7.jpg
  • bolen9.jpg

• Bolens 1000 and Nato77 have said thanks

#34 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,646 Thanks
  • 1,333 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 02:57 PM

I'm in the process of painting a small dump bed trailer like the one in the middle picture except mine has a metal tractor seat on it. Here's some pictures of the original decal.

Would love to some pics of the cart. If you could get one of the hitch also. Thanks

#35 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 03:37 PM

The cart is apart now waiting for paint when the weather clears. Here's a picture of the hitch if that's what you can call it. Just the main support beam and the 'hitch' minus the two through bolts that go through the two bottom holes.It looked original to the cart when I got it.20140207_1218571.JPG  It's primered and apart, I just pushed them together for the picture. I'll post the finished cart when it gets all done.

• Nato77 said thank you

#36 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 05:00 PM

If its got the metal pan seat, its a model M456-01

Judging by the metallic green and that decal its around a 1956-1957

• gunstuff1000 and rust addict have said thanks

#37 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 06:03 PM

. I have two trailers like this one One of them however is a early one it has the same wheels as the one in the literature I took a picture of the other one is just like yours I have another wagon that basically is the same thing except it doesn't dump an you have to use the wooden tailgate for the seat it was marketed for the ride-a-matics but you can use it on the walk behinds Bolens had several different style wagons an essentially they all used the same metal wagon box just had different tailgates an hitch/tongue arrangements

#38 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted February 07, 2014 - 07:06 PM

The cart is apart now waiting for paint when the weather clears. Here's a picture of the hitch if that's what you can call it. Just the main support beam and the 'hitch' minus the two through bolts that go through the two bottom holes.It looked original to the cart when I got it.attachicon.gif20140207_1218571.JPG It's primered and apart, I just pushed them together for the picture. I'll post the finished cart when it gets all done.

What paint are you using?

We have found a match for the Metallic Green that's about 99.8 perfect match to the original.

Brand: Martin Senior

Paint: "Medium Green Metallic "

53B-2223

A/E 4.58 voc

#39 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 12:57 AM

This is getting more detailed than I ever thought, that's good. This is my first 'find' of a working  type machine, the Bolens trailer was with the Ellinwood Bearcat tractor I've been trying to finish. I've already got the paint I used on the tractor for the cart and really unable to change now. Thanks though.   More detail on the cart, it's a dump bed with a metal tractor seat that tips forward to unlock the dump bed. The tailgate is just metal railings on each side and had a wooden board to slide into the rails. There is a foot brake lever that goes to a single bar underneath and works one drum pad inside each wheel rim. The hitch is shown in another picture which I need to improve, the pull bar on the Bearcat had a metal bolt through the cart hitch and the bar, left right was good but any up down movement bound up on the bolt. I had to attach a 6" swivel wheel to the trailer tongue to keep it from dropping to the ground, funny thing is that the tilt on the tractor would lift the cart tongue off the ground if I wasn't sitting in the seat. Not yet too sure how to improve that.?!? The plow attachments I got with the tractor had a better hitch system and the weight was good to keep it from lifting.. I just had to make a few trial runs around the neighborhood, and out here was stopping traffic by gawkers, all waves no finger salutes. Fun times.!

Edited by rust addict, February 08, 2014 - 01:01 AM.

#40 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,176 Thanks
  • 882 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 11:24 AM

If you are going to use that dump cart on a Bolens two-wheeler, they had a specific hitch on the tractor end for the dump trailer or the sulky. It incorporated a swivel. If you can wait until warmer weather, I could take mine off one of my Power Ho's and take a pic.

#41 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 02:45 AM

Thanks to you all for any info. you have, it makes it a lot easier to get things put all back together. I'm new at this and still trying to figure out a lot of things. As long as this information gets posted somewhere, someone is bound to get use out of it.I took a good look at the sulky hitch from the first post, that gives me an idea of what I need to rig up. Thanks

Edited by rust addict, February 10, 2014 - 01:14 PM.