Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

I Hate A Thief More Than Anything! Sorry For My Rant!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Fluid_*

• Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:24 PM

You can bet they will be back. Their probable on drugs and that how they get their fix. Crackheads, Heroine, Meth addicts and the like, are doing the same thing all over the country.  They steal copper pipes, wiring, sheet metal, ect. They steal aluminum off mobile homes. One the gets them lots of money is cutting off catalytic converters (platinum, palladium)  (that stuff is worth more then gold) off cars & trucks. I would call the cops then you have record of your complaint, so if they do come back and you or someone catches them the cops know about the first time.  Sorry they got your stuff, they will get theirs in the end. 

• sacsr, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#17 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,500 Thanks
  • 7,630 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:13 PM

it really infuriates me that this kind of theft just makes it harder for those of us who haul scrap legally. I make sure to get a bill of sale of everything I buy.

I had a guy pulling my driveway a couple of months ago and was eyeballing my tractors when I came out of the shop and surprised him.  He said he would buy them for scrap. I told him no and then made a big show out of getting his tag number. He asked why I was doing that and I told him it was in case anything in my yard or anywhere else around here disappeared so I could send the cops to his house. I have seen him twice in Gastonia and he got gone in a  hurry when he saw me.

As for recovering the steel. It will more than likely not be in usable condition if you find it. 22 feet is a long piece of metal to move around. It will most likely be folded up and ruined. Sorry it got stolen. I hate a thief.

• olcowhand, sacsr, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#18 superaben ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:04 PM

Sorry to hear that, Scott. 

Make sure if you catch them that you ask the police to let the characters carry the metal back to your place by hand.  They must have too much energy.

Ben W.

• sacsr, Newpaws493, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#19 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,548 Thanks
  • 3,080 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:07 PM

I also agree with what everyone else has said. It's a shame that a person has to spend more money and time to set up a trail cam to catch someone doing the wrong thing. I don't know what the law says down where you live, but up here if you "booby trap" your property to protect it, you can be liable for damages and the thief goes free. I find that disgusting.

• sacsr, jpackard56 and Sawdust have said thanks

#20 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,050 Thanks
  • 4,981 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:54 PM

Here is a stupid story. We were teenagers, I had a trans am with t tops. Me and my girlfriend picked up a pizza and went in to rent movies. We come out or pizza is gone. Now I was mad. If someone was hungry I would of given them my pizza or money to go buy food. But instead they stole my pizza. Probably had the cash in their pocket to buy a pizza.

Makes me sick. Ill give away something to help a brother out but dont steal from me. Im sorry someone stole from you and made your hard week seem worthless to you. Ive read your posts and you seem a good man. Dont let the low lifes of the world get you down.

All locks and gates do is keep an honest man out.
  • sacsr, Team_Green, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#21 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:02 PM

So sorry to hear about that Scott I know the feeling. I have a lot of mercy but not for a thief. I have seen it so many times over the years especially on the job site, guys will come around like their looking for work but their casing the place out for a midnight run. With the dope heads & people scraping I think things have gotten worse. You can't lay anything down that's metal anymore without the fear of it being scraped. I had my truck & boat broken into one night. My truck alarm went off & when I got to the porch they were running into the woods. They were about forty feet away & it was only seconds but felt like eternity when I had a 12 gauge full choke aimed at them. My adrenaline was so high I wanted all three dead but thankfully I chose to let off three rounds next to them. The officers told me I would have went to jail but if I ever did that to drag them in the house & lay them across the foot board. That was a long time ago before the Castle Law. 

• sacsr and oldedeeres have said thanks

#22 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,689 Thanks
  • 2,911 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:36 PM

Scott, I'm awfully sorry to hear that.  I've no use for thieves either.

• sacsr said thank you

#23 lyall OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,713 Thanks
  • 1,384 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:45 PM

the thieves there day know their right and push it the the limits.

they end up with more rights than what good people have.

it is to bad we can not use some the laws that other countries have

like cutting off their hand/s

but then we would end up paying, them because now they are handicaped. and they can not work.

#24 sacsr ONLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:47 PM

I have not been on my land in months so no telling when it was stolen, a broken branch was still green so probably in the last 30 days would be my guess. Life goes on, I did not keep much down there for this reason. I have a small pull behind rotary cutter and small plow chained to a tree and it was still there, farther back and harder to steal. Worth a whole lot more, glad it was still there. I will go down after this storm has passed, load it up and bring it to the house. Because of a bunch of sorry people, I will have to haul everything down when I go to mow etc down there. Just makes it a pain in the you know what. I raised my kids better than that, I expect others to do the same. Thanks for the responses, I know I am one of many something like this has happened to. This is not my first experience being stolen from and will probably not be the last.

Edited by sacsr, January 28, 2014 - 12:02 AM.

• powerking56, trowel and oldedeeres have said thanks

#25 trowel ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:58 PM

Regrettably you are right, i wish i could say that it was never like that before but there has always been a bad apple out of the bunch.

My Cannon camera, reader and memory card was stolen out of my truck a few months ago, of all places Ashfield, a place you never really have to worry about locking your door.

Not the first, won't be the last.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,419 Thanks
  • 4,889 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 09:15 AM

Man, sucks Scott. My dad had similar stuff happen quite a few years ago, prob mid 90's. My sister had new gutters on her house, dad brought home the old ones, they were 20-24" long. Used, but work great on the barn. He came home one day and asked if I had moved them, "nope",  they were lying in the driveway up by the garage....gone!

With the way the world is going, people are getting very bold and it lends to that "entitlement" everyone feels nows.

"What's yours is yours and what's yours is also mine" :mad2:

My buddy told me last year they had 5 AC outside units stolen, they are on a major road. People will take what they want instead of working for it.

I better stop now before I go "gub'ment" and political :D

#27 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 09:26 AM

Actually Tahoe I think the phrase is "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine" :mad2:
  • oldedeeres and TAHOE have said thanks

#28 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,654 Thanks
  • 8,527 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 11:44 AM

I know how you feel Scott.  We have had things stolen from us as well.  Trouble is around here it is so prevalent that the cop's don't do much about it unless it is high dollar. 

Sawdust,  is your Castle Law like our stand your ground law?

#29 Sal Mcc OFFLINE  

Sal Mcc
  • Member No: 51445
  • 104 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 07:21 PM

I hate to hear this. I had a 16' foot tandem axle trailer that was stolen over a year ago. I have not had any luck finding it.The part that hurt was, that the trailer did make me money and helped pay bills some months.

The cops say that the thieves usually do it to support their habits.

In the area i live, we did recently catch a person stealing scrap metal. it was a local punk. He was so lazy and stupid that is what got him caught. I hope you catch the guy. you should prob invest in some cameras. They will prob be back. And hopefully you will catch them. 

Edited by Sal Mcc, January 28, 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#30 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,500 Thanks
  • 7,630 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 10:13 PM

You know sometimes an old extension cord will fray where it is laying across a pile of metal and it creates an electrifying situation totally be accident... electrician-smiley-emoticon.gif :reading_the_manual: :cowboy_shooter:

Edited by mybigwarwagon, January 28, 2014 - 10:16 PM.

• sacsr, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks