• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matt O OFFLINE  

Matt O
  • Member No: 28054
  • 119 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:22 PM

Hi, as stated in a previous post, I'm going to start working on a project that has been on my mind for a while. the problem is I cant seem to find the right tractor for the job. you know when you find tractors that you don't need but then comes a time you need that tractor but cant seem to find it, yup, that how I'm feeling. I need a  Cub Cadet 1450 or 1650 with dual hydraulics. even single hydraulics will work and I can modify it. I keep searching craigslist,eBay, search tempest, etc. I have no luck. I went to one tractor repair shop (Saunders in Seekonk) and they were NO help. It is a large place with MANY tractors in the back. He wouldn't sell me a parts tractor, instead he brings me out front to the tractors in good shape and that run well, and with HUGE prices and none were even cub cadets :( . I want to know if all repair shops are the same if it is worth trying other shops to see if they will sell a tractor and not just parts from it. I don't need something in great shape or even running. I don't need wheels or any steering parts. I'm not looking for a lot but cant find anything. so my reason for this thread is to ask for help to locate a cub cadet and ask if anyone knows of a good repair shop that may have or know where there is a cub cadet. I am willing to drive anywhere within New England and maybe a little further if that's what it takes. I may try Goldstein's in Westport, MA tommaro but would like to know of other shops. THNAK YOU!

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,483 Thanks
  • 7,354 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:30 PM

Like people, all shops are different. You should also look at the scrap yards. What you are looking for will show up but it may take awhile. Good Luck, Rick

• Newpaws493 and Matt O have said thanks

#3 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 460 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have a 1650 at work that we'd sell.  It doesnt have the dual hyd. but the single is all there and appears to be in good condition.  It's missing the engine, front end, side panels and tires but it hasnt been beat or chopped up like a lot of the ones I see.  I can get pictures if you want but it'll take a couple days as I have to move a few other machines around to get to it.  We'd like to get $350/bo for it.  Its in Templeton, MA at Henshaw Service.                         Stewart

• boyscout862, Matt O and Sawdust have said thanks

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 01:15 PM

If your looking for a parts tractor, I think your best bet would be on Craigs list. It might take a while but sooner or later just what your looking for will turn up.

• boyscout862, Matt O and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 Sawdust OFFLINE  

• Member No: 36549
  • 4,516 Thanks
  • 2,827 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 01:30 PM

I check TempSearch every morning for the diamond's in the ruff. Like mentioned sooner or later they show up. The problem with Cubs there gone quick. Sounds like Stewart has a good deal.

• diesel nut, boyscout862 and Matt O have said thanks

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,489 Thanks
  • 6,364 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 05:39 PM

Would think epay and C-list should have some. Why these specific models?  There are lots more similar Cubs that should be just as nice.  Biggest thing on those was the full enclosed bays for quieter use as compared to other models. Most of the later ones should have all the same features and be enclosed, just look diff with one-piece hoods and more plastic.  You don't say what you are planning, but would think drivelines can't be that much diff between several models. Basically manuals or the Hydro. There is a fella here in Huntington that deals in used Cubs all the time. Would at least have links to others in not his own. BUT, IN is long way from East coast.  He has ads in the LAGT magazine. Scott Urschell. Many others out there that deal in just Cubs too. How about some of this List's sponsors??

• boyscout862 and Matt O have said thanks

#7 Matt O OFFLINE  

Matt O
  • Member No: 28054
  • 119 Thanks
  • 97 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 06:21 PM

I am planning to build a mini high track bulldozer out of a cub cadet. the 1450 and 1650 are the best because I think they look the best and would look very cool if on tracks. Hydrostatic transmission is easier than gear transmission to drive. that's why I want those specific models. I want mine to look like the one below that was built by someone but with many modifications and definitely high tracks.

Attached Thumbnails

• cub dozer 2.jpg
  • 144.jpg

• boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#8 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,198 Thanks
  • 1,440 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 06:34 PM

I had to spend a couple of hundred on parts at my favourite small engine shop before he'd even take me out to the bone yard.  Now I can't buy a new part without a tour of it first.

Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, January 27, 2014 - 06:34 PM.

• boyscout862, Newpaws493, Chopperhed and 1 other said thanks