5 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,519 Thanks
  • 2,551 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:00 PM

today. Both drives needed plowing / blowing badly today. At 4* F today and a 15+ mph wind I just wasn't in the mood to try to use Bob and Ed for 2 + hours. I went to my neighbor / buddys and got his " Maroon Moose"  plow truck. 45 min later and in relativly warm conditions I was done. I have been using his truck everty year for 8 yrs now to clear his place and my side yard while he is in AZ or FL during the winter. This year due to his wife having back surgery and not being able to go away, we have been helping each other out. Last thursday he brought his Kubota over and cleaned out around the mailboxes for myself our neighbor and him. Today I plowed his place, part of the other neighbor and both of my drives. I had nice square walls where I had been blowing now I have to wait for warmer weather to get the blower back out to straighten them up. Now they say we are going to get a few more inches of snow. Oh well we will deal with that when it comes. Stay warm and stay safe. Time to go to the garage and start reassembling the 48M Homelite deck.   Thanks. Roger.

• olcowhand, daytime dave, Talntedmrgreen and 2 others have said thanks

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 12:39 PM

Roger.  Time to think about a cab for one or both of the boys.  It will make a huge difference in your seat time.  Good luck.

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3 Talntedmrgreen ONLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 03:17 PM

We will see how I feel when I 'finally' get home from work.  I'm enjoying my seat time with the big blower, but the temp has been dropping about 1* per hour, all day.  It's 3* now, and supposed to fall below zero by 5pm.

It's a mess out there...got a foot off the lake last nite, and had a hard time getting the pickup through it this morning, bringing our weekend total close to 30".  I got stuck twice, in the middle of the road, in a fullsize 4x4 truck.  BUT...continuing on looked more promising than trying to turn back.  My normal route was impassible....snow as deep as the hood on my truck, and the dairy farmer near me was digging his way through with a big CAT loader, to make way for the milk trucks.  Wish I wouldn't have sold all my sleds!

• olcowhand, hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,499 Thanks
  • 6,369 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 05:46 PM

Plowed the 3" we got couple days ago, banks bigger with winds. Now all frozen up with negs gonna be down to -15 and wind chill of course.

Just a note:  I Wonder about people that have Names for all their power equipment and vehicles!  Seems pretty weird to me. Then I knew a Chevy Only man once that didn't use names but always called each one by the Year it was. ie" The 77, the 84, etc. I feel no personal bond to my equipment. I LIKE it, but don't feel a bond!  :smilewink: :rolling: :rolling:

• oldedeeres said thank you

#5 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,048 Thanks
  • 4,977 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:37 PM

I plowed once with my rancher this year. I gave up garden tractor plowing. The quad is so much faster.

I never named mg stuff. The tractors are by the model numbers. The 128 the 149 ect.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#6 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,536 Thanks
  • 3,073 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 10:24 PM

Ours all seem to get names, one way or another, some start out like-- miserable little !!#*!!@## , but mostly  it's pretty mild, lol.  There's Little John #1 and Little John #2;  Big Blue, the 4 ton grain truck, and Little Blue, the 3/4 ton, and Grey, the 1/2 ton, etc. When it comes to rifles, however, they ALL have names!

• toomanytoys84 said thank you