• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDGREEN140 OFFLINE  

JDGREEN140
  • Member No: 30742
  • 38 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:01 AM

Well I have had my MF620 Snowthrower attatchment hooked up to my MF10 this whole winter and we had about 3 inches of snow this morning so I thought I could go out and give it a try for the first time. Everyone told me the owner that had this before me had always had snowblowed his driveway with this machine and it always worked great, he did his driveway for 40 plus years with this machine so I am assuming it always worked well. Well, its not working well for me. The most i can get the snow to throw it 5 feet tops. i have adjusted the tension on the belt via the MF620 manual, have everything well greased and chain oiled. I have even replaced the belt with the new one. I always spray the chute and auger with silicone spray so that the snow easily flows. I am running the tractor in 2nd gear variable speed 1-2 and I cant seem to win with this thing. Anybody else have an issues? I am also of course running the tractor at full throttle during pto operation. I really would like a snow blade but havn't been able to find one.

• hamman said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,335 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:05 AM

I am wondering if you have a big gap between the paddles and the housing.
On Ryan's, if you don't keep it fed full (shy of motor lug, but a little faster than you'd expect sometimes) it will not give distance, but on avg, I'd say 10-15' ish
  • Alc and hamman have said thanks

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:11 AM

5 feet is a problem. 3 inches seems to be enough to keep the blower fed to get some throwing distance. Did you try bumping it up to 3rd gear? Like mentioned you need to feed the blower enough snow to be at the point of nearly lugging the engine.

#4 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 08:57 PM

I have a snow blade off a MF #12 I'd sell ya! It's sitting in the shed in primer ready to be painted MF red! Pm me and we will talk! I'm located in Illinois.