2 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted January 02, 2011 - 04:20 PM

Was blowing snow the other day with my MF 12G lawntractor and after an hour of operating I noticed the motor sitting sideways in the frame!!:firejumper: Immediately I shut it down and pulled it in the garage......found two motor mount bolts gone, one snapped off in the oil pan and the last holding the engine in place yet!! :mecry: This tractor has the deep oil pan so they thread into the bottom. Took the engine out and after some persuading I got the broken bolt out.......reinstalled the engine, installed the back 2 bolts and then upon my surprise couldn't get to the front bolts due to the front axle being in the way!! You have to drop the front axle to install the 2 front bolts......clever engineers! :ass: So what started out as a simple just install 4 new bolts took me almost a whole day to fix! Just thought I'd share this interesting story and remind others to keep and eye on their motor mount bolts.......might have saved me if I kept them tight!
  • caseguy and bhts have said thanks

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted January 02, 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for the useful info Luke! It's always nice to have a little reminder now & then to check the neglected bits!

#3 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted January 02, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the useful info Luke! It's always nice to have a little reminder now & then to check the neglected bits!

I agree completly as the little things are always forgotten.