• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Unstuck747 OFFLINE  

Unstuck747
  • Member No: 53063
  • 49 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 05:41 PM

I am using an iPad to view this site and was trying to post a picture with a thread I made but when I submitted the post the picture did not show up. Any help?

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,903 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 05:53 PM

When you clicked on the 'More Reply Options', you get a second screen. At the bottom, you have an 'Attach Files' area. Click on 'Choose File'. A pop up box will appear, giving you 'Take Photo or Video' or 'Choose Existing'. If it's already on your IPad, then 'Choose Existing'. Then choose 'Camera Roll'. Find your pic and tap it once. That pic will now appear next to the 'Choose File' tab. You then hit the 'Attach This File' button below it. Now that image code will be above the 'Attach Files' area. Go back to the reply box, and place the cursor in the spot of the text where you want to insert the pic. Then hit the 'Add to Post' script to the right of the image.jpg. It should be right next to a delete option. Repeat for multiple images. Then hit 'Add Reply'. No need to hit return on the cursor for moving a pic down a line, the forum software will fit them in. But if you want to add a pic somewhere else in your text, you have to place the cursor in that spot.

If you are taking a new one, choose the 'Take Photo'. Make sure you turn the IPad so the button is on the right. That will ensure the pic is orientated correctly when you post it. When you snap the pic and you're happy with it, choose 'Use Photo' on the bottom right. Then you can go from there with the instructions above.

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3 Unstuck747 OFFLINE  

Unstuck747
  • Member No: 53063
  • 49 Thanks
  • 63 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Thank you very much! I was just missing a few steps.

#4 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,856 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 01:31 AM

Ever hear Harry Belafonte singing ----" clear as mud, but it cover de ground" ?  Sure wish I had your technical skills Cat. Thanks, and I'll try to follow what you said next time I post a pic.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#5 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,903 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 03:25 AM

Oh no, that's not skill. That's repetition of a task. Getting a gosh darn Briggs single updraft carb to run right is a technical skill. Knowing computers like George or HDWildBill is a technical skill. Getting GLGrumpy to smile and pay out a compliment is a skill.

Scratch that last one, that's just a plain old miracle.

• KennyP said thank you