3 replies to this topic

#1 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 11:45 PM

I use my B110 as the primary plowing tractor, and with the cold weather lately it has been backfiring through the exhaust once or twice before it fires up. I was working on getting my new tractor running today and I have been using the B110 to jump it the past couple of days while I was trying to get it to have spark again. Today, it must have known that I was getting close to fixing the problem. It backfired four or five times and blew the rain cap off and hit me with it. I know that today was the coldest of the past few days, but I think it was mad that I brought home another tractor that has a snow plow on it( it knows that if I get my new tractor running good that It will get used for plowing instead). Needles to say, it didn't want to start and I gave up when the battery was almost too weak to crank the engine over. And I did manage to fix the wiring problem on my new tractor. Now I just need it to warm up a little so I can get either of them to start.

Attached Thumbnails

• Photo-0057.jpg
  • Photo-0058.jpg
  • Photo-0056.jpg

Edited by suburban 12, January 24, 2014 - 11:47 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#2 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 11:53 PM

If you have luck like mine I'd go with jealous lol. Just look at the time I bought the brand new battery for my one truck that had a bad battery, then the battery that was good in the other truck went bad. :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:  :wallbanging:

• suburban 12 said thank you

#3 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 08:07 PM

They all want to know which one is loved the best.

#4 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 11:23 AM

It could be that your points are set a tad too wide creating a little too advanced spark. It could also be that there is too much carbon build up in combustion chamber but I would expect that to effect performance the most after engine is warmed up. Another issue could be a dirty air filter.

Edited by skunkhome, January 26, 2014 - 11:39 AM.