#106 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 10:05 AM

If you get to visit again, I sure hope it's drivable by then.

My wife wants to come and see the calves. I may try to plan a trip to bolling green to mamoth cave.

#107 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 10, 2011 - 11:52 AM

My wife wants to come and see the calves. I may try to plan a trip to bolling green to mamoth cave.

I remember you mentioning that. DO come in the hot summer. The caves are soooo cool (high 50's) that it feels great while down there. Don't go to eating too much before then. It's a tight fit through "Fat Man's Misery", part of the "Historic Tour". It's not that tight really though.

suck-it-in-everybody.jpg

Some of the cave rooms are huge, hundred yards long & I'd estimate 60' high. I've not been through all the caves, but do plan to visit more sometime. The "Historic Tour" is awesome.

#108 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,651 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted January 11, 2011 - 05:17 PM

Took the diesel power assembly off the sealer trailer today. It has mounting legs off each side of the engine to where I could just sit it on the shop floor. The radiator & all stays fixed to the assembly too, so I just sat it on the floor, slipped the fuel lines into my 6 gallon jug, bled the lines, hooked up the battery, and fired her up. She runs so smooth that it sits in place on smooth concrete & doesn't even think of walking around. I need to get the trailer out of the shop in the next day or so in case we need to do any repairs to anything. Can't wait to get started on this project!

#109 Boss 448 OFFLINE  

Boss 448

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1724
  • 48 Thanks
  • 248 posts

Posted January 14, 2011 - 12:08 PM

Been gone since Sunday to L.A. on business - just briefly scanned this thread - looks like a lot has happened. Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad to hear your engine runs! I'll back-read to catch up on details later.

JN