#16 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,735 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 07:26 PM

what are the rest of us going to do when we want to find a original machine to restore back to factory specs?

Truck

trailer

ski mask

flashlight

your address

done.

• Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#17 Buggyman OFFLINE  

Buggyman
  • Member No: 11338
  • 42 Thanks
  • 94 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 12:39 AM

Even though I painted the green tractor this topic started from, I do to some degree agree with Bolens 1000.  In my case the tractor was already green and to simplify the restoration I stayed with the green.  I don't mind off color tractors as a purist can always change the color back.  Here is another way of looking at it.... had I painted the tractor back to orange it would have set in my shop until I sold it.  By painting it green I took it to parades and tractor shows all over the area.  So which was better.  My enjoying it, creating interest in the tractor, and having the opportunity to explain economy tractors to people, or sitting in the shop.  What I do not like is exactly what glgrumpy says.  When the intended use of the tractor is lost and it becomes something different than it was intended I am saddened.  I am also into hot rod cars.  I like originals and modernized like adding air, power steering etc. but am really turned off when I see customized with fender wells cut out, reshaped body panels, etc. The appeal of the car is just lost to me.  Maybe I an justifying painting my tractor green, but, I don't mind classic cars or tractors in more interesting colors at all.  My 55 chevy was pearl white,  a 37 chevy that what had black custom paint, and a model A roadster in baby blue.  In each of these cases when I sold them the new owner could simply have returned them to original.  I consider that a lot different than replacing the frame and drive train and just leaving a shell of what the car originally was.

#18 marvh OFFLINE  

marvh
  • Member No: 51623
  • 5 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted March 03, 2014 - 04:16 PM

nice job. wish i had it even if its green