#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:20 PM

Too bad most of those are just very Big Decals that are stuck on those things. I bet "Paint" wouldn't be as nice looking even. Must be nice to be "rich" and can buy such luxury's and run all around......I'm Jealous!   Moving South for winters is being more understood by me not that I"m older. Never understood that when I was a young fella.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:47 PM

I talked with the owner, and they only paid 30K for that, which is less than what a lot of new cars are going for these days.

We only paid 22.5K for the Rainmaker.

One doesn't have to be rich to own one of these older motorhomes, and there are a lot of them out there with low miles/use on them.

Now the new diesel pushers that go 40' +, are another matter. But, in 10 years or so, they will be 'cheap/affordable' as well.

#18 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 10:32 PM

Right on OB. We have a 21 footer here , a '72. Bought that last year for next to nothing. When I was in Vegas with it, met a nice couple with a big diesel pusher they just picked up waaay out west- they bought that for 16 grand or so.  I was glad to help them offload their SRT-10 off the trailer that night, so they could go tool around town.

The used market is the way to go, and I am glad to hear the Rainmakers is doing you guys proud.

#19 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 01:42 AM

You're right on that! I doubt if I'll ever own a brand new anything with a motor again. The "drive it off the lot and lose 20 grand" idea just burns me up. That sure is a nice looking outfit though, I've always liked those colours.
  • marlboro180 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#20 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 04:48 PM

You're right on that! I doubt if I'll ever own a brand new anything with a motor again. The "drive it off the lot and lose 20 grand" idea just burns me up. That sure is a nice looking outfit though, I've always liked those colours.

I couldnt agree more. Its like the camry I bought for 60% less than new and only really a year old.

I wont buy any new motor powered items
  • marlboro180 and oldedeeres have said thanks