#1 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:07 PM

Had to make a trip for repairs yesterday, for me,that is!  My right shoulder has been giving me problems for some time & since surgery was  in order,  I had put it off all last summer. hoped to get it done last month, but it didn't work out until now.  Rotator cuff was torn over time, might not have helped it by carrying two 150# wheel weights or 35 gallon barrels of oil around 45 years ago or dragging fire hose around for 29 years.  Anyway, the damage was done!

After 2+ hour surgery & overnight stay, I'm home with a "shoulder stabilizer" sling for the next several weeks, physical therapy after 3-4 weeks.  Being right handed, working as a "southpaw" makes things difficult!  

We bought a new recliner last week, so I took the old one to the shop so I can spend time out there watching videos to get out of the house with the dogs!   :D

Had planned to restore the little 100 this winter, but it can wait.  have a neighbor who agreed to clear the drive if it snows more.  Plenty of wood split & dried for the shop stove, so things are pretty well covered except for the left-handed part!   :wallbanging:   ~~  Lowell

ps - for those who visit other sites that I do, please excuse the copy & paste, as I don't type "lefty" any better than I do anything else that way!  

Edited by grnspot110, January 23, 2014 - 04:21 PM.

• Gtractor, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 10 others have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:23 PM

Sorry to hear you ha to go under the knife Lowell, but glad they got you all fixed up. Now you will have lots of time to get your GT therapy here at GTtalk!!

• grnspot110, boyscout862, Jack and 2 others have said thanks

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,708 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:35 PM

When I was in PT there were a couple of guy who had surgery for the same thing.  They were young bucks.  I hope you have as good a PT asst. as I did.  Not only was she very good at her job, she was some good eye candy as well!  Hope you have a fast and successful recovery.

• grnspot110, boyscout862, Jack and 3 others have said thanks

#4 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:41 PM

When I was in PT there were a couple of guy who had surgery for the same thing.  They were young bucks.  I hope you have as good a PT asst. as I did.  Not only was she very good at her job, she was some good eye candy as well!  Hope you have a fast and successful recovery.

I had therapy on the same shoulder here a few years ago, hope I get the same girl this time, for your same reasons, nice person, good at her job & easy on the eyes!  ~~  Lowell,

• HDWildBill, Jack, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#5 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hope all works out well for you and your shoulder repair.

You really find out how much your wife loves you when you can't do the things you normally do!

• grnspot110, Jack, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#6 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:52 PM

You will be amazed how well you will learn to wipe with that other hand. Hang in there.
  • MH81, grnspot110, Traill95 and 2 others have said thanks

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,788 Thanks
  • 7,540 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:52 PM

I hope you have a speedy and painless recovery. This is a good opportunity to build your left hand coordination. It can be slow and frustrating but try something like darts left handed. In the long run you will be ahead. Good Luck, Rick

• grnspot110 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,737 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:55 PM

So. once your recovery is far enough along, which gt are you going to convert from right hand hydro control to foot control? :D

#9 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Probably won't be painless, but I can live with that!  After all, I had it worked on nine years ago to take some bone out were it was pinching nerves, same surgeon.  This time they did a "nerve block" yesterday at 2:30, couldn't feel or move my fingers till noon today!  ~~  Lowell

• boyscout862, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#10 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 05:00 PM

So. once your recovery is far enough along, which gt are you going to convert from right hand hydro control to foot control? :D

Don' know!

#11 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,629 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 05:09 PM

Get well soon Lowell. Do as they say in PT and you will be fine. Glad to hear the surgery went well.   Roger.

#12 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hope all heals well Lowell so you can get back in the swing of things.My doc told me aboat a month ago he thinks I have the same thing going on.I'm hopeing it will get better but it has only a little, can't pic my arm up over my shoulder.

• grnspot110, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#13 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 06:59 PM

I had that coming this summer too. Just showed up all at once. Didn't treat, and now is mostly gone away. I can raise arm up again and get coat on better. Still feel it some, but lots better now. Not sure how/when I did it, but hope it stays away. Thinking it is mostly from spinning a forktruck steeering wheel fast all these years and we had been pretty busy last year.  Many say surgery never really clears it up and still have to watch the shoulder even after.

Like the note on the "wipe" part. One year my Dad broke BOTH of his wrists and was in small casts.  Hello Mama! What fun!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#14 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:26 PM

Glad to hear everything went well. I have had both shoulder joints replaced & I can't emphasize enough on how important PT is & NOT over doing it. My PT was constantly telling me to stop pushing myself. It will heal in it's own time with a good PT so guys do as your told on this one. Relax & enjoy this time of rest & healing.

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,689 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Get well soon, Lowell! Probably best time of year to get that done!

• grnspot110 said thank you