• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 mrlube71 OFFLINE  

mrlube71
  • Member No: 50033
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 03:05 PM

New to the forum here. Just wanted to post some pics on a few recent finds. The 165 is mine and the Jacobsen is my stepdads. We got the tiller and the 50 inch deck for the jacobsen too. Seems how they are brothers I was wondering if I can put the tiller on the ford this spring seems how my stepdad has no use it. What do you guys think ? Also found me a nice YT16H last summer. Now I just want to find me a LGT 195.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0037.jpg
  • IMAG0036.jpg
  • IMAG0038.jpg
  • IMAG0074.jpg
  • IMAG0077.jpg
  • IMAG0082.jpg
  • IMAG0506.jpg
  • IMAG0504.jpg
  • IMAG0080.jpg
  • IMAG0076.jpg
  • IMAG0079.jpg

• MH81, hamman, Traill95 and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 03:55 PM

Does the Ford have the rear PTO? If so, very easy. If not, you have to take that off the Jake and swap it. Check the PTO shaft bearings while it is apart, also.

• mrlube71 said thank you

#3 case1man OFFLINE  

case1man
  • Member No: 40153
  • 101 Thanks
  • 106 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Nice fords a 195lgt is on my wish list to

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 04:53 PM

Nice collection, and :welcometogttalk:

#5 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Hello and welcome :wave:

#6 Traill95 OFFLINE  

Traill95

Traill95

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8763
  • 1,575 Thanks
  • 917 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 08:08 PM

:welcometogttalk:

#7 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,164 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Nice bunch of rigs there for sure! The 195's are odd ducks and only accept attachments made for them. I.E. snowthrowers, mowing decks, and such. Rear sleeve hitch or 3 point stuffs will swap, but not specific attachments like a tiller for example.
Those LGT's are tough rigs I love mine.

#8 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:50 AM

Nice collection. Welcome to GTT. Good Luck, Rick

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,316 Thanks
  • 28,634 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 07:52 AM

Nice Ford and Jake. Congrats on finding some really good looking survivors. And :welcome: to GTTalk.

#10 mrlube71 OFFLINE  

mrlube71
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 10:30 AM

The Jac doesnt have rear pto either. It has the pto shaft running from the front to the rear along the left side. It has a pulley on the front of the shaft and the rear of the shaft connects to the tiller and you run the tiller off of the front pto via a belt. Never seen anything like it. I've seen tillers run off of the front pto with a slave drive and a belt that runs to the back under the tractor and hook up to a pulley on the tiller, but never seen a shaft run from front to back alonside the tractor like this. Dont have a pic of the shaft right now I will take one soon and post. The Jac also has some type of hitch that I've never seen before that you can then attach a plow/cultivator or probably a number of other attachments. This hitch then allows use of the hydraulic lift for the rear, there again I will get some pics of this as well and post. We got alot of stuff with these GTs when we bought them.....the ford only came with snowblower attachment, but I did get a spare blower with the ford, both of them 2 stage. Also with the ford I got a complete hydro rear end as a spare. The jac came with tiller,mower deck,2 single stage blowers,cultivator,and some kind of drag attachment. Spent 1400.00 for both of them with all the extras. 

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 10:50 AM

The Jac doesnt have rear pto either. It has the pto shaft running from the front to the rear along the left side. It has a pulley on the front of the shaft and the rear of the shaft connects to the tiller and you run the tiller off of the front pto via a belt. Never seen anything like it. I've seen tillers run off of the front pto with a slave drive and a belt that runs to the back under the tractor and hook up to a pulley on the tiller, but never seen a shaft run from front to back alonside the tractor like this. Dont have a pic of the shaft right now I will take one soon and post. The Jac also has some type of hitch that I've never seen before that you can then attach a plow/cultivator or probably a number of other attachments. This hitch then allows use of the hydraulic lift for the rear, there again I will get some pics of this as well and post. We got alot of stuff with these GTs when we bought them.....the ford only came with snowblower attachment, but I did get a spare blower with the ford, both of them 2 stage. Also with the ford I got a complete hydro rear end as a spare. The jac came with tiller,mower deck,2 single stage blowers,cultivator,and some kind of drag attachment. Spent 1400.00 for both of them with all the extras. 

That side PTO shaft is what runs the Tiller. You'll have to have that on the Ford to till with.

If you need pic help, look at the bottom of my posts. Those would help us in getting you fixed up.

#12 mrlube71 OFFLINE  

mrlube71
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 11:09 AM

Yeah I'm thinking all the hardware will transfer from the jac to the ford. They are indentical in every aspect, and the ford has the mount bolt holes for the side shaft rear pto and the bolt holes to mount the rear lift arm thats on the jac. I found the ford first, and I was looking for a GT with a cab for snowblowing. I like blowing snow with my john deere, just dont like the occasional face full of snow when you get a swirling gust of wind and a cab for the deere is expensive. After I found the ford my stepdad wanted an older GT with a cab and a blower too, then I found the jac. If I had found the jac first I would've had that for me and my stepdad would've wound up with the ford, then I wouldn't be transfering from one to the other cause the jac has all that I need. Something tells me though that sooner or later the jac will be mine anyways  :D . Either way we got 2 tough GTs with all the trimmings for basically what I paid for my 316 deere. 

• KennyP said thank you

#13 mrlube71 OFFLINE  

mrlube71
  • 10 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Thank-you guys for throwing out the warm welcome mat to a new member. I am very glad I joined. :D

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#14 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:44 PM

Welcome to the club!
I have a collection of Ford/Jacobsen's myself.
I wonder how does the single stage blower compare to the two stage?
How do the Ford/Jacobsen's compare to the John Deere 316?
I haven't found anything I like better than my Ford LGT 165 with the two stage blower.

Thanks!
Joe

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yeah I'm thinking all the hardware will transfer from the jac to the ford. They are indentical in every aspect, and the ford has the mount bolt holes for the side shaft rear pto and the bolt holes to mount the rear lift arm thats on the jac. I found the ford first, and I was looking for a GT with a cab for snowblowing. I like blowing snow with my john deere, just dont like the occasional face full of snow when you get a swirling gust of wind and a cab for the deere is expensive. After I found the ford my stepdad wanted an older GT with a cab and a blower too, then I found the jac. If I had found the jac first I would've had that for me and my stepdad would've wound up with the ford, then I wouldn't be transfering from one to the other cause the jac has all that I need. Something tells me though that sooner or later the jac will be mine anyways  :D . Either way we got 2 tough GTs with all the trimmings for basically what I paid for my 316 deere. 

Maybe you need to trade tractors! Swaping the cab may be easier than the PTO!