• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 06:54 AM

Are there actually pictures of this somewhere? I don't see them.

OB reloaded them, I also added them to the post where they turned up missing from.
  • KennyP, Newpaws493 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#32 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 07:58 AM

Still sitting in the Wally World parking lot, but I have made an "Executive decision".

I have decided that I WILL NOT be denied my infusion of OJ.

When we leave, we will be heading NORTH, and I will come back into Fl for the OJ at the Welcome Center.

A man must have his priorities straight. :D :D :D

• KennyP, Newpaws493 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#33 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Of all the times to head south, you are missing this wonderful sub zero deep freeze, snow and ice up our way. :smilewink:

Enjoy your trip and contnue to drive safe!

• WNYTractorTinkerer and oldedeeres have said thanks

#34 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 09:47 AM

I remember that welcome center when we went down there on senior trip in high school.  We stood in line to get our fresh squeezed OJ. 

I think they had several other juices as well.

I want a picture of you and your wife in this sign

4fP4XccafQU6Vd76Br7fKxt4GwuAIUZTiZM4WVk2

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 22, 2014 - 09:50 AM.

• Alc and oldedeeres have said thanks

#35 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 10:19 AM

That will be a good picture. An old buzzard in a tree with his sunshiney wife looking over him!  :D

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#36 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 10:48 AM

you ask about Navel oranges  the central part of the state is the best if you are on I-95 about Indian River area. If you get over in the center of the state  let me know maybe we can meet somewhere. AL

• OldBuzzard and oldedeeres have said thanks

#37 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 04:03 PM

My F.I.L. used to winter in Florida around Lake Wales, loved the Indian River oranges and always brought back a bag of them.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#38 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 22, 2014 - 05:20 PM

you ask about Navel oranges  the central part of the state is the best if you are on I-95 about Indian River area. If you get over in the center of the state  let me know maybe we can meet somewhere. AL

We are in Clermont, FL and camping here for at least today and maybe tomorrow as well.  It's a place called Showcase of Citrus which is a pick your own Citrus grove that also has a couple of full hookup RV sites.

Pretty quiet, except for a rooster off in the distance that is making the wife a bit testy with his crowing  :D :D :D

Al, if you are close enough and want to visit, PM me and I'll give you my cell number.

ETA:

Be sure to check back a bit later, as I'm uploading a video of a DAD**

Be sure to tune in and find out what a DAD is  :D :D :D

Also, we have decided to stay here tomorrow night as well, so we will be here all day tomorrow.

Edited by OldBuzzard, January 22, 2014 - 08:42 PM.

• oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#39 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 06:49 AM

OK, here's the DAD vid.  Took a lot longer than I was planning as some dummy loaded the wrong vid the first time, so he had to delete the wrong one and then start over.  I started uploading the right one, and went to bed :D :D :D

When you watch this, bear in mind that the camera is sitting  a little above the mid point of the windshield, and only a couple of inches from it.  My view is 3' from the windshield, so the camera is seeing areas that I can't. 

The DAD shows up at around the 1:20 mark, just after the Burgundy van passes me.

I really didn't see it until it was already dead in front of me and then it was only the hood and maybe 1/4 or so of the roof.  Damned thing looked like it came out of my engine compartment!

You might want to use the YouTube link, as I can't get it to display in high res using the one you see here. It looks better in 720P. :D :D :D

Oh DAD = Dumb A$$ Driver.

Edited by OldBuzzard, January 23, 2014 - 07:03 AM.

• Newpaws493 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#40 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 07:07 AM

Wow, that mini almost got "mini-ier"

Glad you didnt have to run the wipers.

#41 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 10:57 AM

I was visiting someone in Florida years ago and they had a grapefruit tree in their yard.These were the ugliest looking grapefruit I ever did see but the best tasting as they were very sweet with no bitter or sour taste.

#42 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 10:58 AM

My real question is why hang out in the passing lane when you aren't passing anyone?  People have no other thing to do but pass you on the right, then come across your blind spot.  Ohio passed a law a long time ago that you aren't allowed to ride in the left hand lane unless you are actively passing slower cars.

I really want to know what all that green stuff is?  All I see out my window is white and brown!

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 23, 2014 - 11:00 AM.

• OldBuzzard and oldedeeres have said thanks

#43 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 11:19 AM

My real question is why hang out in the passing lane when you aren't passing anyone? ...

... I really want to know what all that green stuff is?  All I see out my window is white and brown!

I'm in that lane because just about 1/2 mile after that vid ends I was making a left turn into where I'm sitting now.  I don't "hang in the left lane" for  no good reason.

You learn pretty quick when you are driving a large vehicle like an 18 wheeler or motorhome to set up for turns well in advance, because as sure as heck, if you wait too long some DAD will hang in that lane right beside you, making it a problem when you need to get over to make a left turn..

The green vegetation is because I'm in central Florida escaping all that cold weather back in Oberlin, OH.  :D :D :D

• oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#44 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,734 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 11:44 AM

I was going to ask why you were in the left lane too. Since I pull a trailer all the time and am a little bit longer than your motor home I understand setting up for a turn. I can't tell you how many times I hit the turn signal and some fool speeds up to keep me from getting over.

I bet if that backup cam recorded you would have even more DAD footage.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#45 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 01:15 PM

I'm in that lane because just about 1/2 mile after that vid ends I was making a left turn into where I'm sitting now.  I don't "hang in the left lane" for  no good reason.

You learn pretty quick when you are driving a large vehicle like an 18 wheeler or motorhome to set up for turns well in advance, because as sure as heck, if you wait too long some DAD will hang in that lane right beside you, making it a problem when you need to get over to make a left turn..

The green vegetation is because I'm in central Florida escaping all that cold weather back in Oberlin, OH.  :D :D :D

Understood!  I drove truck for a short time and its always a pain setting up for the next turn.  Not many left hand exit ramps around.

I want to see some green vegetation again.  Doesn't look like its going to happen with 4 more inches of snow coming this weekend!

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 23, 2014 - 01:16 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you