13 replies to this topic

#1 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 09:51 PM

I have just finished redoing my Waterloo 15.  I could not find a parts manual online anywhere, so I made one.  It is in the manuals section.  I also took a video of it's first run.  Hope you enjoy them.

It is seriously let down by the engine decals, which did not survive removal & re-installation as well as I had hoped they might.  If anyone has a set for a 2 hp Briggs horizontal made in 1982, I'd love to hear from you.

IMG_1506 - Copy.JPG IMG_1507 - Copy.JPG IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1509.JPG IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1528.JPG

• Gtractor, MH81, LPBolens and 14 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,276 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 09:56 PM

Now there is a good looking walker! Thanks for the pics and the video.

Were the neighbors wondering what was going on?

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,660 Thanks
  • 6,474 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 10:09 PM

Removal of decals?? You can do that?  Want to know how.  Would think there is people doing those decals, not too old, maybe even Briggs themselves still sell?  After removal, how does one re-apply?  Aren't these things wafer thin?  Just can't get over that idea.

#4 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 18, 2014 - 11:58 PM

They go for $14.40 on ebay.  I only know how to see them on ebay one way. Go to ebay,enter gravely,scroll till you see gravely tractor decal,click,scroll down to the Store Categories,click on Brigg&Stratton, scroll to your decal,$14.40.    If you can't find them, email me and I'll help you out.    Best regards: Fluid                                                                                                                                                                          P.S. Your Waterloo 15 is beautiful, you did a fantastic job on her. Do you have attachments for it?  Did you take pictures of the restore?     Maybe before and after ones?

#5 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,298 Thanks
  • 2,332 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 12:40 AM

Nice old tractor you got there.She should serve you well when it comes time to get the soil turned up this spring.

That's a heck of a good lookin beard you got there to.I've been trying to grow a face warmer for the last 10 years or so but it will only grow out about 3 inches. :rolling:

#6 LTD ONLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 01:13 AM

That came out very nice. Great work :thumbs:

#7 VSTROM803 OFFLINE  

VSTROM803
  • Member No: 10269
  • 369 Thanks
  • 338 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 05:29 AM

Wow! Looks like new!

#8 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 08:37 AM

Thanks go out to MH81 who pointed out I had uploaded the wrong version of the manual.  I have uploaded the correct version.

The labels were removed using a heat gun and patience.  If you go to fast, the adhesive does not come off completely and leaves a milky layer on the decal.  To slow & they warp.  They go back on using Velum paper that I got a dollar store.  It is the opposite of two-sided sticky tape.  It is two layers of non-stick paper with a layer of adhesive in between.  You pull off the top layer of non-sticky paper, place the decal on the adhesive, and then pull of the second layer of non-sticky paper.  you now have a decal with adhesive on it.  From there it is just like working with a new decal.

The decals on Ebay say they are for an 80000 series 2 hp.  Mine is an 60000 series.  I wrote to the vendor for clarification and he ignored my emails.  I won't buy from ignorant people.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#9 Mike Unwin OFFLINE  

Mike Unwin
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12382
  • 380 Thanks
  • 297 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 10:01 AM

It does look like new again I like it ,you putting mine to shame ! :wave: Cheers Mike check your pm

#10 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 19, 2014 - 10:32 AM

Thanks go out to MH81 who pointed out I had uploaded the wrong version of the manual.  

The decals on Ebay say they are for an 80000 series 2 hp.  Mine is an 60000 series.  I wrote to the vendor for clarification and he ignored my emails.  I won't buy from ignorant people.

I emailed you last night about the stickers at 11:58 and you never replied at all.  Its 10:30 am sunday jan. 19    so what does that make you?

#11 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 12:14 PM

I emailed you last night about the stickers at 11:58 and you never replied at all.  Its 10:30 am sunday jan. 19    so what does that make you?

Asleep and in church?  Seriously, there is a difference between a vendor who does not reply to a sales inquiry within 3 weeks, and a fellow enthusiast who doesn't reply to a PM within 11 hours.

Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, January 19, 2014 - 12:23 PM.

#12 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 19, 2014 - 12:35 PM

So you were busy and doing other things, OK I understand I must be patient and wait for your reply. Maybe the ebay sticker/decal guy was asleep or in church after all it is Sunday. Maybe they will email you monday during business hours.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Those decals sure look the same to me.     I hope you have a nice day anyways                          

#13 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 04:45 PM

Here are the before photos.   I have others.  I'll see what I can do.

Model 15 pic 1 cropped.jpg Model 15 pic 2.JPG Model 15 name tag.JPG

Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, January 19, 2014 - 05:44 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#14 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 05:13 PM

I did some more testing today and made some changes to the manual.  I've uploaded a new version.

• Mike Unwin said thank you