• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bucky the d.o.g OFFLINE  

Bucky the d.o.g
  • Member No: 52834
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Hi guys 1st post here. I have a 267H that I am rebuilding and pimping out a little. The tractor will not be used to cut grass anymore(my new Massey 2610 tlb takes care of this), I want to simplify the electrical and remove the relays and all safety switches. Can I run this engine(Kohler cv18s)without the relays and wire direct thru the key switch. I also thought I should keep the fuse block intak. Any tips on doing this would be great.
  • GlenPettit said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 11:41 AM

First off, :welcome: to GTTalk
Second, an engine will usually run without a tractor, given enough wiring changes... That having been said, due to liability issues, those changes would be better not coming from a forum member. Safety switches (PTO, seat, clutch, etc) have all been by people in the past and they have had success in running the unit... However; the switches and safety items are there for a reason and should be left for everyone's safety.
  • pigsitter and JoeMopar have said thanks

#3 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 12:25 PM

First off, :welcome: to GTTalk
 the switches and safety items are there for a reason and should be left for everyone's safety.

:iagree:  When I purchased my 216 Deere I discovered the hard way some of the safety switches had been bypassed,although this tractor doesn't run a deck and I really have no intention of mounting a deck to it I'm still putting all the safety's back on. Nothing like hitting the starter on a machine that's in gear with no neutral safety switch! Trust me it's not hard to forget it's not there and the results can be rather painful as well as dangerous to you or anyone or anything close by. Do yourself a favor and make sure they're hooked up and functioning properly,yes they can be a hassle at times but to me that small hassle is well worth it. :thumbs:

Edited by pigsitter, January 18, 2014 - 12:26 PM.

• WH55 and JoeMopar have said thanks