• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 09:00 AM

I have a handle with the rotary mower. Neat concept... For people with good backs.

#17 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • Member No: 33353
  • 305 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thanks everybody! I left the machine on my truck and hauled it to work and back home today. The Power Handle decal blew off. I have not looked for one on the 'net yet but probably won't find one. After I got home I messed with the thing a little. I seperated the Power Handle from the Snow Hound just to see what it looked like.

torosnowhound9_zpsb6e494fc.jpeg

torosnowhound12_zpsf22c3071.jpeg

Besides the decal I am missing the escutcheon plate that patrially covers the two cable levers on the handle. Anybody got extra parts lying about? As soon as I get it proven mechanically I plan to do a super cleaning & detailing on this thing. I'll post "after" pictures soon. Thanks again.

Edited by thom, January 18, 2014 - 06:49 PM.

• MH81, Alc, Newpaws493 and 1 other said thanks

#18 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • 305 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 03:22 PM

Well a simple cleaning of the points turned into a little more work than I planned. I found the pushrod that opens the points was very stuck. Trying to free it , I broke it off flush with the bore with it pushed up. Efforts to remove the remaining part failed ,  so now I will have to disassemble the engine to drive it out into the crankshaft bore.

torostusckpushrodII_zps53d8b9a0.jpeg

I did a little test cleaning and found that the chrome on the handles should clean up pretty well.See the difference in the cleaned left side and the untouched right side.

torosnowhoundhandlecleanedhalf_zpse8fec7

Here's something that I've found that works well.

weimannspolish_zpsb55f1a91.jpeg

It"s about $4 at Walmart and the label was red where it appears gold now. This bottle sat in direct sunlight for a while.

Edited by thom, January 19, 2014 - 03:24 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted January 19, 2014 - 05:53 PM

The push rods were a fiber like material and seem to break down overtime.

I had that happen to a similar briggs this summer.

Mine as well do the valves, seals and put a set of rings in her since you have to take it apart anyway.

#20 thom OFFLINE  

thom
  • 305 Thanks
  • 235 posts

Posted January 25, 2014 - 06:26 PM

I got it running, but have some carb issues to deal with. I removed the side cover but did not remove the head. I pushed the piston to the top.The float is sticking in the carb and I was unable to remove the pin, but will deal with it soon.Thanks all.