#1 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 11:09 PM

trial pics 2 029 (Small).jpg

Hi guys, just wanted to ask a question about hydrive pump on 3014. While I had side covers off cleaning oil cooler, I ran engine for a while to check for oil leak. When I shut engine off, I noticed the pump wobble a little bit just before engine came to rest. I checked the coupling as best I could, everything seemed ok. Pump does not move at any other time except between below idle to zero. I was used to the old style mounting with the pump solid mounted to engine.

Ideas?

George

#2 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 06:01 AM

You're a bit vague with your post. If you are asking whether anything is amiss with what you report, the answer is no. On four digit models, the pump body is not bolted down. It is free to rotate a few degrees. There is a rubber snubber that arrests the torque arm when pressure builds. Ingersoll eliminated the need for the LoveJoy coupler and pump mounting bracket that was used on all three-digit models. Go to Eastman's website and open up the parts book for your tractor. You will find a pictorial that shows the pump, the solid coupler that transfers engine power to the pump, the torque arm and the snubber. It's a simple system that seems to work very well since many thousands of tractors have been built this way since the 1989 introduction of the 4 digit tractors. The snubber will wear out eventually so it's a good idea to inspect that area once a year.
  • dryrun said thank you

#3 dryrun OFFLINE  

dryrun

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 06:34 AM

Thanks for the information, that should take care of it.

George