Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ac Scamp 8

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 suburban 12 OFFLINE  

suburban 12
  • Member No: 29382
  • 396 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 09:36 PM

I know its not a gt but I was wandering just how rare they are and what is known about them.
http://columbus.crai...4287743600.html
00101_7AnJoCWdYo1_600x450.jpg00W0W_gmiTNiKievw_600x450.jpg
00V0V_5k95TsuQdbT_600x450.jpg
I have an Allis Chalmers Scamp 8 for sale. The lawn tractor belongs to my young sons and had belonged to their Grandfather. We have had it about 3 years and for most of that time it has been stored inside until recently. It is now being stored outside but under a cover. The tractor is in excellent condition for it's age, we believe it is a 1970 model. The paint it faded and has scratches and surface rust. The tires are original and weather checked but hold air. The engine does not currently run but does have compression and spark. The carburetor is bad and I do not believe it is rebuild-able. The carburetors are common and easily found online. The tractor is complete except for the plug in for the 110 volt starter. It can be started by pull start or by 12 volt battery. This is an extremely rare and very restore-able machine. I have searched several times throughout the time we have had it and have not been able to find a surviving example. Most collectors have never seen one.
$350 obo

If I have this posted in the wrong place, pleas move it to the correct place.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Ive always thought the older, horizontal shaft types were pretty neat, but even those dont fetch much. An AC nut may want it just cuz, but I cant imagine it has much collector value. I had an earlier AC Scamp 5 that was mint, and I think it eventually got $150 from a guy that just wanted a cheap mower for a small lawn.

$350 is outrageous for that....I couldnt give $50 for it.

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Member No: 1733
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 10:30 PM

I have seen a couple of them at shows that were restored. I always like to see them in original shape. I would say not rare but maybe hard to find. Lots of info on it if you google it. Good Luck.   Roger.

#4 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 12:00 AM

Not worth it. It would be a cool piece to have but other than a curiosity it would really be worth anything. You'd be better off fixing the money pit called a John Deere that's in the shed and you haven't touched for over a year.

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,278 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 05:13 AM

Not worth it. It would be a cool piece to have but other than a curiosity it would really be worth anything. You'd be better off fixing the money pit called a John Deere that's in the shed and you haven't touched for over a year.

Whew, don't hold back now, tell him exactly what you are thinking... LOL

Neat looking little rider, but high on dollar. I think you are paying the sentimentality tax there.

#6 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:26 AM

Whew, don't hold back now, tell him exactly what you are thinking... LOL

Neat looking little rider, but high on dollar. I think you are paying the sentimentality tax there.

I already told him that before I posted here lol.

#7 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 11:06 AM

http://columbus.crai...4287743600.html

Don't know if it's as rare as he claims it is, or if the asking price is reasonable, but it is an interesting mower  :D :D :D

#8 sammiefish OFFLINE  

sammiefish

• Member No: 7456
  • 8 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 05:10 PM

well, we could tear this guy up... but...

hey, just remember:

"Ya' don't start at the bottom"

It's only worth what someone will pay for it.