• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 04:46 AM

When you go to a antique equipment show, it's often the unique exhibits that get some of the best conversations going. There may be naysayers, but I bet the first guy at each show with a GT got a few funny looks...

She has some neat stuff. Thanks for sharing.
  • KennyP, jpackard56, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#17 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 05:14 AM

You are very lucky to have a partner that enjoys collecting old iron and going to shows.

Many fellows complain that their wife/girl-friend are bored with our hobby, or worse yet, disapprove of our happiness!

Disclaimer: My wife enjoys going to the shows and has even bought me some GT's!

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,628 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 06:33 AM

how many people want to  go out and see 50 John Deere model A's or 35 IH F20's all in a row. Not to say they aint fine tractors, but variety is the spice of life.

Sounds like when I used to go to those large street rod shows , you stopped at the first couple of red Ford coups great looking cars  but after so many that looked the same it was like you didn't even was to give more then a glancing look but throw a Dodge or Chevy in the mix you stop to check it out .

• boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Your girlfriend has got some cool tillers and I like the old reel mower, my grampa had a reel mower with grass catcher, his yard was like a golf green, very short grass. She won't get any body laughing at her collection. How does the Snow Job work?  Keep collecting.

The snow job is unlike anything I have ever seen. The motor is direct drive to the auger up front and who ever is running it has to push it along. Seem like that might not be to fun. :(

• boyscout862, pigsitter and oldedeeres have said thanks

#20 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 07:30 AM

:iagree:   

Speaking of different what is the piece of equipment in the last photo on the bottom row?

The last photo is a merry tiller. The tiller tines are different from most.

• KennyP, boyscout862, pigsitter and 1 other said thanks

#21 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,291 Thanks
  • 963 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:15 AM

Great start on a collection, Might be a lot of fun to take a few of your pieces and some of her's and spend some good quality time together.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#22 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thanks! I've found some fascinating reading on the merry tiller,great to see the brand is still around!

From the looks of this thread if your girlfriend takes her collection to a power show she better be prepared to answer lots of questions instead of preparing to be made fun of!

Edited by pigsitter, January 15, 2014 - 08:27 AM.

• KennyP, jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#23 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:30 AM

She has some neat things there! I'd stop and check them out. Thanks for sharing them with us!

• jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#24 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:30 AM

Old style ground Aerator. It is wonderful your girl loves tillers and reel mowers, i love tillers and have several reel mowers, don't give a solid poo about what people say, i like what i like which is a diverse collection instead of just one brand, many are like that too.

Some people are so narrow minded they live for brand-bashing, nuts to them, the collection is of things she likes, not some ''fad'' everyone does. If i was walking by her collection i would pause for a cause and would love to chat with her and you regarding the tillers and mowers and even go as far as showing off mines if i bought it that day.

• jpackard56, oldedeeres and Bob IN have said thanks

#25 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 08:48 AM

It is usually the more unusual items that get the most attention at a show. I will stop and visit with someone displaying the oddball things. It can make a show a learning experiance of history.

• jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#26 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Sounds like when I used to go to those large street rod shows , you stopped at the first couple of red Ford coups great looking cars  but after so many that looked the same it was like you didn't even was to give more then a glancing look but throw a Dodge or Chevy in the mix you stop to check it out .

That reminds me of a Car Show I went to a few years ago. It was primarily all street rods. One guy had a nice all original completely restored 28 Chevy Sedan. I heard two guys talking. One had a beautiful 36 Ford Coupe and his nephew had a beauiful 35 Ford Coupe sitting side by side. The Uncle said about the 28 Chevy" It is nice, but it is all original. He did nothing to make it his own through custom work".  Everyone has opinions, that does not make them wrong? There used to be a street racing axiom that can apply to shows too "Run What You Brung".

#27 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 12:50 PM

Nothing wrong with collecting that sort of stuff at all. I am restoring a Hahn-Eclipse powered reel mower for a customer right now. It's pretty cool. I kind of want one now....

#28 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 03:20 PM

1) She has some really unique stuff there :thumbs:

2) My wife will tell you that I am rather "strong willed" but I really don't give a rat's backside about what other people think about what I collect. When they take over my house payment, electric bill, taxes, college bills, medical, etc,etc,etc, then maybe they will have some right to tell me what I collect...stand firm :rocker2:

3) Tell her to keep on keepon on, her collection will draw friends at any show around....well maybe not a "Barbie Doll Show'.... :dancingbanana:

4) Might I suggest that since this girl likes your hobby, you might want to make sure you treat her like the "gem" that she is !!! :angel:

#29 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted January 15, 2014 - 03:44 PM

She'll definitely get more ooooos and aaaaaahhhhhs than ha has That's a neat collection she has there..

• pigsitter and oldedeeres have said thanks

#30 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 18, 2014 - 10:03 PM

I love all old tools and equipment. I enjoy looking at all of it.

when I was up at the canfield show the hit miss stuff was awesome. The old pumps and such were so neat.

if there had been thst kind of stuff I would of been staring at it as well.