• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 494 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 03:08 PM

Cub Cadet 125 with 42" snow plow and 2 link chains.  Runs and drives.  The good: engine has had recent valve job and new oil seals.  No smoke, leaks or funny sounds.  New seal on hydro input shaft.  Hydro is strong with no leaks.  Tires hold air.  Newer Kohler replacement plastic gas tank.  The bad:  pto clutch and rod is missing. Engine starts when it wants to.  If it sits in a heated garage or shop most of the time it fires up, if it sits outside and it gets cool or cold it will just crank till the battery is dead or it will kick back like its out of time.  It has something to do with the engine.  Not sure what exactly is wrong as I've been in the engine to check the timing and its right where it should be, and its not the points or starter/generator.  I checked the points with a timing light and had someone else double check it to make sure and the starter/generator was tested as well as trying 4 other ones I had on other machines one of which had just come back from the rebuilder.  They all did the same thing.  Its going to need a new seat or fix the one thats on it.  The bottom rusted out at the bolt holes.  And the hood has been cut to fit the filler neck of the new gas tank.  If you want more pictures let me know and I can get them.  And most of the stuff in the background of the pics is for sale too                      Stewart

20140113_140736 1.JPG 20140113_140659 1.JPG 20140113_140714.jpg

• JRJ and Sawdust have said thanks

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 494 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted June 27, 2014 - 11:50 AM

Its been sold

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale