Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Two Bolens G11S - Reading Pa Craigslist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 11:06 AM

http://reading.craig...4264903052.html

The 'complete' one in the pics and the vid is a "Franken 11" as it has a 1050 trans and rear end.

The other appears to be original as I don't see the controlled differential knob on the rear wheel.

Both also seem to have the 'correct' PTO with the brake band on it.

Up For Sale are (2) 1978 Bolens G11 Tubeframe Tractors

Ive had them for a couple years. They have always been garage kept. The one is a parts only tractor with no engine but all the parts on it are in good working shape. The only thing on the parts tractor that may need fixing or replacing are the front tires as 1 leaks air and the other is cracked pretty bad. The Complete one has been taken to many tractor shows and has never mowed as long as Ive owned it. The package comes with the original 38" Deck in Good shape, but it is not currently on the tractor. Only Thing the tractor will need is a battery as I am keeping the one out of it.

Video of Tractor Running A Couple Months Ago:

Both tractors are Sold As Is, Where Is, No Warranty, No Refunds

$600. Cash Firm

484-941-4009 7am-7pm Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 JoeMopar OFFLINE  

JoeMopar
  • Member No: 52259
  • 470 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 11:35 AM

Looks like a good deal to me (from someone that doesn't know to much about GT's or Bolens)

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Lots of money for some tube frames but one does look in good shape.

#4 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 01:52 PM

Those are nascars G11s http://gardentractor...nascar3244888/

Wonder why he decided to sell them?

$600 is a good price for both.I'de pay $600 for the runner if I had the money and around $200 for the parts tractor and put $250 into it to get it running again.Seen a couple NOS 11hp Briggs short blocks on ebay going for around $150.

Old beat up Sears and Cub Cadet GTs have been selling for $400-$800 and most of them needing rebuilt and alot of rust removal.

Edited by MH81, January 26, 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#5 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 02:01 PM

Hey now.There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep His battery if he wants to.

Those are nascars G11s http://gardentractor...nascar3244888/

Wonder why he decided to sell them?

$600 is a good price for both.I'de pay $600 for the runner if I had the money and around $200 for the parts tractor and put $250 into it to get it running again.Seen a couple NOS 11hp Briggs short blocks on ebay going for around $150.

Old beat up Sears and Cub Cadet GTs have been selling for $400-$800 and most of them needing rebuilt and alot of rust removal.

What? :(

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2135
  • 2,301 Thanks
  • 2,335 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 02:28 PM

What? :(

Seriously there's 100s of old GTs and 1000s of MTD AYP built machines that people have been selling aound here for $600-$800++

And I know my Gll will tear Any newer AYP MTD tractor in half.

Take a gander though our local Classifieds.You can't touch a JD for under $1200.It's getting ridicules.

http://classifieds.p...Garden Supplies

I've been looking for a walk behind Snow Blower for 4 months now and can't find one close to me that's decent for under $400.Couple years ago you could pick up a walk behind snow blower for $100-$150 all day long. 

I've had to buy a battery for Every single GT that I've ever bought.Either because it didn't have 1 or the one that was in it was junk.

Edited by EricFromPa, January 12, 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#7 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted January 12, 2014 - 02:56 PM

I have never met Nascar in person, but have had plenty of conversations through the forums and e-mail with him and only have had positive experiences with him. He has a passion for tractors just as much as any other guy who has a Bolens.

Seriously there's 100s of old GTs and 1000s of MTD AYP built machines that people have been selling aound here for $600-$800++
And I know my Gll will tear Any newer AYP MTD tractor in half.

Take a gander though our local Classifieds.You can't touch a JD for under $1200.It's getting ridicules.
http://classifieds.p...Garden Supplies

I've been looking for a walk behind Snow Blower for 4 months now and can't find one close to me that's decent for under $400.Couple years ago you could pick up a walk behind snow blower for $100-$150 all day long.

I've had to buy a battery for Every single GT that I've ever bought.Either because it didn't have 1 or the one that was in it was junk.

As for pricing, I have said this time and time again we have no one to blame but ourselves for the increase in prices.
Every time someone creates and responds to a "Whats it worth" post that gets archived into the web and is there forever. Best thing to do is NOT post prices on the open forums to try and stop the bleeding, but I fear it may be too late.