15 replies to this topic

#16 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 11:25 PM

I've been away a bit working on my own winter projects. Father in law sent home with me a chainsaw that wouldn't run. Bought another for parts and as I'm leaving the guy said he was able to start it with starting fluid. Great, now I had two to fix. Both running now after disassembling them, cleaning motors and cases. Changing fuel and air filters, replacing duckbill valves, and cleaning the carbs.

Been looking at welders and researching options. Initially decided on mig, changed my mind when I thought about all the smoke and fumes in the garage and flux core is totally out of the question. It always look like crap welds to me. Decided on tig and now trying to decide which one I want for sheetmetal and lightweight steel. I've just about got it narrowed down to the Miller 150stl or Miller Diversion 165 or 180.

I stay busy on nights and weekends inside with cleaning out the clutter, organizing and such. Can't wait to get back outside when it warms up, but I am pacified for now planning welding projects, organizing the basement shop, and keeping a weather eye out of opportunities to fire up the snowblower.
  • boyscout862 and OkieGt have said thanks