#16 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Just be able to do much after shoulder surgery in a couple of weeks. Dr. says 12 weeks plus recovery time! ~~ Lowell
  • Alc, KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,842 Thanks
  • 3,190 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 12:36 AM

I 'm with Daniel on this one, lol. First we have to be here, then let the fun begin--- calving, lambing, gardening, fishing, smell the sweet roses and  diesel smoke. Work one on one with our little tractors and get'er done!

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#18 zippy1 OFFLINE  

zippy1
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 50881
  • 610 Thanks
  • 383 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:10 AM

Just be able to do much after shoulder surgery in a couple of weeks. Dr. says 12 weeks plus recovery time! ~~ Lowell

Rotator cuff?

If so, good luck with that. Been there, done that twice and need a third one. But not in this lifetime.

Hope all goes well.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#19 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:48 AM

I had to read the Title 3 times because I thought the first word was something else.

Was worried you had been indoors too long!! :rolling:

Sounds like you been inside to much to think that way lol

Build a Root Cellar, so I can grow more potatoes. 

I have about 25 pits from Native Iowa White Peaches and hope to start that many trees.  They are native to Iowa and when I was kid there were several on every farmstead. Now only OLD TIMERS (Like Me?) even know what I'm talking about. They were small,white and about the size of a good plum 2" diameter and a Freestone. And the Sweetest peach I have ever ate. Had peach butter made with some on my rolls for Christmas dinner. Took me back to my childhood.

Root cellar was my big goal for this summer but the pressure is really being put on me for us to move more west..  Your talk of those peaches made me think of peach pie my aunt makes.. so dang good...

I skipped lawn and landscape improvements this past year (we moved in, in fall of '12), in lieu of putting on a new roof (spring), and new flooring in the house (fall).  So, as soon as the weather breaks, I plan to make the new loader earn it's keep by moving somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 yards of 1-2" stone & around 5 yards of gravel.  I have a few more bushes to yank out, and significant wash-out repair to make to one of my slopes in the lawn...holes 2-3' deep!

I also got caught this fall by early snows and cold, and never made my rounds with the tiller to turn a few gardens I normally help with.  I'm 3pt tiller shopping this now, and hope to transition to a 540pto tiller vs the belt drive GT tiller I've been beating on for the past few years.

I've warned my wife, that when spring hits, I'll be outdoors quite a bit! :rocker2:   (She'll be 7 months pregnant by the time our ground thaws, so I'll need to escape!)

7 months.. Hope everything goes well.. our little guy is just 14 months.. can't keep up to the little guy.. started setting up a tool box for him. he sure likes using a screw driver if i am sitting down with him..

I had a lot of goals, but since everything changing in my life now I'm not sure what I can do.

I wanted to restore a JD110 or something, I wanted to cut down some trees, I wanted to redo the duct work in my house, install the new wood burner, and do quite a few improvements around the house.  But now, I don't know whats going on.  Kind of depressing.

Honest.. I like your list from now till spring. A fantastic life change for the better.. I would be so stoked if i was in your shoes (well maybe in your place my feet are kinda big).. Serious.. I used to move all the time for work.. so did my father.. I miss moving. maybe i'm nuts (well no maybe about it) Just a new place, new things, new people.. Life is a adventure.. giver heck man.. enjoy life... 

Work on lots of projects and get better prepared for next winter(more fire wood). Good Luck, Rick

ahhh ha.. I knew i wasn't the only fire wood guy on here... I will run short this year as its been extra cold.. for a lot longer then ever expected.. hope ya stay warm.

Spring break in Gulf Shores, Alabama!   :dancingbanana:

either pictures or your lieing.... 

SURVIVE!  Plain & simple.  Anything fun will be a bonus.

Seems to me your to stubborn to do anything else but survive.. 

Like TG, I plan to be on my bicycles  a lot more, helps clear the noggin in between tasks. Even if it is a quick jaunt to the grocery store or Kiddo's school, it just plain 'ole makes me feel better.

One of many  other spring plans will be to continue working on the landscaping around the rivershack here, I have yet to finalize the rock garden area around our holding tank, whick happens to be one of the first things I see driving up to the house. Currently, it is a loosly arranged pile of field stones from 10 to 400 #.  

I guess that means I'll have to finish re-working the loader even earlier in spring LOL !

Marlboro my wife wants me to show her the new Kona with the 4 inch tires.. could be my pasture bike... :)

I 'm with Daniel on this one, lol. First we have to be here, then let the fun begin--- calving, lambing, gardening, fishing, smell the sweet roses and  diesel smoke. Work one on one with our little tractors and get'er done!

Those roses.. never forget to stop and smell them.. funny story about roses... I think i was in grade five or six.. I had a crush on a girl in my class.. Well the normal boy would buy flowers and a card or a goofy gift.. ha.. not this guy.. I bought her four rose bushes..  She looked at me funny when i was at her hose to give them to her. Her mom showed her in her garden book what they will look like.. well.. i hit the jack pot.. She had her mom bake me cookies.. yup.. thats where the story ends..

• Alc, Texas Deere and Horse, Talntedmrgreen and 1 other said thanks

#20 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:49 AM

Just be able to be outside without a coat!

Today was a jacketless day.. long sleeve shirt was enough.. it was +2 c here.. so nice out..

• Alc said thank you

#21 JimD OFFLINE  

JimD

• Member No: 385
  • 680 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 04:28 AM

I'm living in the moment right now. First goal is to get this house put back together after the burst pipe and water damage. Spring? Hmm, ya get on the bike again, couple GT projects, finish driveway, some minor landscaping in front of the house. Be semi-retired with 4 1/2 days off a week and enjoy as much as possible the time to do the things I want.

• Team_Green said thank you

#22 JoeMopar OFFLINE  

JoeMopar
  • Member No: 52259
  • 470 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 06:53 AM

Want to build a new shed (12'x18') or there abouts to get all the yard maintenance equipment together and all in one location. Spend time with grandkids, and go to car shows.

#23 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:49 AM

"Rotator cuff? If so, good luck with that. Been there, done that twice and need a third one. But not in this lifetime. Hope all goes well." Yes, this is my second time. Same surgeon worked on it nine years ago, it was pinching nerves then, never knew what part of my arm or hand was going to hurt next. Now doc says it has a hole worn through! ~~ Lowell

#24 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 07:55 AM

7 months.. Hope everything goes well.. our little guy is just 14 months.. can't keep up to the little guy.. started setting up a tool box for him. he sure likes using a screw driver if i am sitting down with him...
Seems to me your to stubborn to do anything else but survive..

I have a 14 month old too! By july there will be a 20 month old and a 4 week old....and probably still a wife! Its going to be nuts arou d here.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#25 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,530 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Warm sunshine on my back and no more long sleeves. Hope to expand the garden this year. And then the usual summer activities.