8 replies to this topic

#1 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 07:42 AM

I've been waaaayyyyy to busy to get on here.  We're making an air cart at work now, so twice as many machines, twice as many parts, same two trucks with us same two guys hauling them.  Also, wife's still not working so I'm picking up every side job I can.  We can live on my wage, but my bad habits (cigarettes, beer, tractors, tools, carpentry) are expensive so I pick whatever extra work I can.

Anyway, I hear it's been cold down where it's usually warm.  Some of your weather has looked a lot like our weather.  The difference is that we go through it every year, so we build for it, dress for it, and so on.  That kind of sudden cold for you has to be like if we suddenly had to deal with a tropical storm in Winnipeg.  So I hope you're all okay. 

The winter here has been even worse than normal too.  We warm up to -10 C or so and it snows, then it gets cold...-30 C...so the roads can't be properly cleared.  It's all ice and ruts all the time.  Worst winter I remember and I've lived on the Canadian prairies all of my life.  Usually we get a warm winter with a lot of snow, or a cold winter without much snow. Now we have the worst of both worlds.

Anyway, I have to go to work.  Keep warm and drive safe.

• olcowhand, MH81, hamman and 10 others have said thanks

#2 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 08:03 AM

Glad you took a few and checked in, sounds like you have been keeping plenty busy, stay warm, and check back as you can.

• hamman and oldedeeres have said thanks

#3 Arti OFFLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 09:29 AM

The only Bad Habit that you had listed is working to much....

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 09:34 AM

Good to hear from you!

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 09:37 AM

thanks, keep us updated.

#6 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 11:21 AM

Glad to hear from you.  Your right folks around here don't know how to act when the temps drop and if there is even a mention of snow the grocery stores are cleaned out.  Be safe up there.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 11:27 AM

It's nice to hear from you. Winterpeg is known to be a cold spot so if it's colder than normal that's got to get old pretty quickly. We even had about 3 weeks of thsoie rutted icy roads here in Nova Scotia. It's been a strange winter so far!

#8 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,852 Thanks
  • 3,193 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 02:08 AM

Good to see you back on. Nothing like a good old fashioned winter to make a guy appreciate a change in the weather---- if it gets worse we can brag, and if it gets better we can relax a bit 'til it gets worse again, which it will, lol

• Team_Green said thank you

#9 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted January 10, 2014 - 02:17 AM

I've been waaaayyyyy to busy to get on here.  We're making an air cart at work now, so twice as many machines, twice as many parts, same two trucks with us same two guys hauling them.  Also, wife's still not working so I'm picking up every side job I can.  We can live on my wage, but my bad habits (cigarettes, beer, tractors, tools, carpentry) are expensive so I pick whatever extra work I can.

Anyway, I hear it's been cold down where it's usually warm.  Some of your weather has looked a lot like our weather.  The difference is that we go through it every year, so we build for it, dress for it, and so on.  That kind of sudden cold for you has to be like if we suddenly had to deal with a tropical storm in Winnipeg.  So I hope you're all okay. 

The winter here has been even worse than normal too.  We warm up to -10 C or so and it snows, then it gets cold...-30 C...so the roads can't be properly cleared.  It's all ice and ruts all the time.  Worst winter I remember and I've lived on the Canadian prairies all of my life.  Usually we get a warm winter with a lot of snow, or a cold winter without much snow. Now we have the worst of both worlds.

Anyway, I have to go to work.  Keep warm and drive safe.

Good to see you around.. I must say though.. You can't blame the snow for your horrible roads.. holy doodle.. Loose a dually in your summer time ruts.. 

Stay warm and keep busy ..