Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

* * * * * 1 votes

Baird Beaver - Cleveland Oh Craigslist

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,404 Thanks
  • 4,612 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Pretty neat old tractor.

Not sure if it's really 'restored', but it does look good.

1950's Baird Beaver Garden Tractor-New rear tires. Restored. Runs excellently. seven 1 six 35 eight 327 zero. Calls only. Please leave a message if I'm not here.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 superaben OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 07:29 AM

I love tiller steering.  Looks like new tires on the back.  I don't think the price is too bad.

Ben W.

#3 OkieGt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 08:27 AM

not sure if its the original engine, he doesn't say

#4 nbent ONLINE  

• Member No: 8320
  • 627 Thanks
  • 519 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 09:13 AM

there was an older one for sale around here for 400 with a snow plow, cultivator, and moldboard plow, wish i bought it. if its the original engine it should have a Wisconsin like this one has 

#5 jtrojek OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8084
  • 988 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 05:24 PM

The engine might be original, or at least the correct one anyway.  It should have a Wisconsin AKN on that one, I believe, and that one looks like it may fit the bill.  It's missing the air breather though.  The tractor is also missing the cast iron bell housing that covers the crank and pulley on the engine.  That's a bit of a problem.  I'm trying to remember back to the one I had, but I don't think it would stay engaged and drive without that bell housing.  Without that, you wouldn't have that set of linkages to keep the drive system engaged.  You'd probably have to always be pushing down on your toes to keep the tension on the pulley to keep it engaged.  It wouldn't snap into place to keep it in gear and make driving it comfortable like it should be.  Also, unless I'm just missing it, it doesn't seem to have the reverse wheel on that pulley.  Maybe it's not the original engine, which would explain the wrong pulley, no reverse disc and no bell housing?  I don't know, and maybe I'm just missing it as I'm looking.  Here are pictures of my old one to show the bell housing because I don't know how much sense I'm making with describing it.  I wish I would have kept that one ....  

Beaver 4.jpg

Edited by jtrojek, January 09, 2014 - 07:04 PM.