22 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:03 AM

I don't know what all of you do for a living.  But I'm sitting here taking a break from sorting through over 10,000 lines of inventory items to see what we need, don't need, need less of or need more of!

I am going cross eyed!

Also I need someone fearless in a fork lift to go pick up a 15 Ton piece of equipment and carry it about a 1/2 mile to a road.  Its a little icy and rutted, but its doable.  I can't do it because I'm not "union"

• boyscout862, oldedeeres, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#2 OkieGt OFFLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:28 AM

I don't know what all of you do for a living.  But I'm sitting here taking a break from sorting through over 10,000 lines of inventory items to see what we need, don't need, need less of or need more of!

I am going cross eyed!

Also I need someone fearless in a fork lift to go pick up a 15 Ton piece of equipment and carry it about a 1/2 mile to a road.  Its a little icy and rutted, but its doable.  I can't do it because I'm not "union"

Full time student, painter, remodeler, tractor/mower/car mechanic, roofer, gardener, horse trainer, Llama comber, but most of all windmill chaser. I watched my Dad and others give their lives to jobs and employers, I vowed I would NEVER work for a pay check or a company, and while I don't have alot, I have all I need. I have never had a loan, a boss, or a "have to". In fact I don't seem to have a lot less than most, except bills. I turn down 3/4 of the jobs that come my way because if I did them I would have alot more money, but less time to do what I want. The government, spouse, and family will make sure all that extra money is spent and more, you cant buy time and you cant have both ways. Dont get to the end of your life with money in the bank or regrets, one you cant take with you the other you cant get back.

• Username, New.Canadian.DB.Owner, WNYTractorTinkerer and 3 others have said thanks

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:35 AM

I'm I.U.O.E. and forklift certified. I'll be right over. (after my coffee break)

P.S. - Surfing the web while you're at work is a punishable offense. Log off, Buster.......

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:

• MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#4 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:53 PM

Unions got all of us weekends off, holidays off, the 40 hour work week, overtime pay.  Unions have done some good for the working man, I know some people like to bash unions but its usually someone who isn't in one.  Thank You for your time. 

• JRJ said thank you

#5 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:19 PM

I'm I.U.O.E. and forklift certified. I'll be right over. (after my coffee break)

P.S. - Surfing the web while you're at work is a punishable offense. Log off, Buster.......

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:

It's either that our gouge my eyes out LOL

Unions got all of us weekends off, holidays off, the 40 hour work week, overtime pay.  Unions have done some good for the working man, I know some people like to bash unions but its usually someone who isn't in one.  Thank You for your time. 

Lets keep the union non union stuff out of this.  I am a company man, so I am not in the union and not allowed to operate equipment.  At my last location(non-union) I was able to do whatever I wanted.  The hourly guy was glad to get a break when I'd hope in the fork lift and do something hairy!

• Texas Deere and Horse, JD DANNELS, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#6 Guest_Fluid_*

Guest_Fluid_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:40 PM

I am going cross eyed!

You posted " I can't do it because I'm not "union" . So the "union" person is  not a "company man". You brought up the "union" first so you should "keep the union non union stuff out of this".    
I see you are working very hard today being a "company man" on the net.   Have a nice day,  Thank You Very Much

• JRJ and OkieGt have said thanks

#7 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:46 PM

OK that will be enough of the union / non-union discussion.  Another post about it and this thread will be locked.

• KennyP, js5020, superaben and 1 other said thanks

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:51 PM

I am going cross eyed!

Take a couple minutes and walk away from looking at all those lines. A little break once in a while makes it go better and you will be more productive. Trust me 28 yrs working at a computer has taught me what works and does not.

• KennyP, HDWildBill, oldedeeres and 1 other said thanks

#9 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,705 Thanks
  • 8,559 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:11 PM

Take a couple minutes and walk away from looking at all those lines. A little break once in a while makes it go better and you will be more productive. Trust me 28 yrs working at a computer has taught me what works and does not.

Your legs will appreciate it as well especially later on in years.

• JRJ said thank you

#10 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:57 PM

A good break on computer work is needed, either a quick check of a couple forums, or a walk around the building helps me stay sane.

Got through all the inventory now.  Start some new projects, and hopefully be back to the room by 9 or 10 and jump in the hot tub!  I am going to have to a buy a hot tub now.  That thing makes you feel like a new man!

Now onto the next projects!

• oldedeeres and JRJ have said thanks

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,443 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:46 PM

Put one next to your desk!

• HDWildBill, oldedeeres, JRJ and 1 other said thanks

#12 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,077 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:21 PM

Now that would be a treat.  Still here, Hoping to get out of here by 8!  Be an early day at that point!

#13 OkieGt ONLINE  

OkieGt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 36782
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:49 PM

You posted " I can't do it because I'm not "union" . So the "union" person is  not a "company man". You brought up the "union" first so you should "keep the union non union stuff out of this".    
I see you are working very hard today being a "company man" on the net.   Have a nice day,  Thank You Very Much

I started to post a comment then I finished reading the thread, no comment, as instructed

Edited by OkieGt, January 08, 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#14 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,861 Thanks
  • 3,195 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:52 PM

Office work DRIVES ME NUTS, that's why Oldedeere#2 does the bookwork around here.lol

#15 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 08:41 AM

Office work DRIVES ME NUTS, that's why Oldedeere#2 does the bookwork around here.lol

I understand that all too well!! I spent 14 yrs working in a factory. Was a Blue Collar Worker to the core.

Due to a Job displacement(Farm Economy collapse in the 80's), I found myself working in an office. Talk about Culture Shock!!

But after 28 yrs I am pretty well adjusted to a different kind of grind.

Before I was physically tired at the end of the day. Now I am mentally tired at the end of the day.

It takes a complete team to acomplish the daily tasks.

Work is work no matter how you cut it.

Edited by JD DANNELS, January 09, 2014 - 08:49 AM.

• oldedeeres and OkieGt have said thanks